• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yay have a surgery date :0))

Sara-Louise

I am having a band fitted on the 6th September and I am feeling excited scared and nervous......

I have just arrived home from an all inclusive holiday and luckily lost 4 pound!!! (bonus)
I now have start the pre op diet ASAP ..... Apparently I need to do it for 2-6 weeks and it's nearly 4 weeks till op!! ( have to loose between 6.5 and 13 kg!!
Any advice which diet is best ..... Any suggestions welcome :0))

hi , really pleased for you , its a great feeling when you have a date to work towards , which diet are you on?, as mine is only for 2 weeks although i may start it a few days early ,good luck x

Great news not long now! I only did my pre-op diet for 1 week but it was low carb, low sugar, high protein and I lost 4kg in that week x

At the moment I have just started 1 slim fast got breakfast, 1 for lunch, large salad with chicken ... .....Oh and vinegar for taste!!
And lots of drink ( of the non alcoholic of course)
I am of the opinion that I can change my diet each day as long as I don't go over 800 cal ??? Is this right?? :0))

I think each hospital is different in their requirements for a pre op diet, it's probably best to check with your hospital what they want you to do. Good luck though, I'm sure you'll manage to loose that weight easily no matter which diet you choose. I did 6 days of a milk diet (all I could manage first time around), 10 days of 1 weetabix for breakfast, cottage cheese and salad for lunch, meat and salad or veggies for tea and 1 fat free yogurt & 2 pieces of friut for snacks. Have been back on the milk diet for 5 days and have lost a total of 8kg.

Back