• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 days to go!! bloods?

sarah-91

I am so excited for my bad to be fitted in 2 days i get admitted at the Claremont hospital in Sheffield on Tuesday at 1pm, however I had a telephoen consultation where i booked in for my surgery and was told i will have my pre op assessment on the morning of my surgery. I have posted off my MRSA swabs but I havent had any blood tests or been weighed infront of anyone. Is this normal? I am scared of getting there and being turned away.

x x x

The blood tests will be for blood-typing in case they need to tranfuse you, and they can get those results very quickly. My pre-op was the afternoon before my morning surgery. Everything will be fine. Good luck for Tuesday Sarah.

sarah-91 said:
I am so excited for my bad to be fitted in 2 days i get admitted at the Claremont hospital in Sheffield on Tuesday at 1pm, however I had a telephoen consultation where i booked in for my surgery and was told i will have my pre op assessment on the morning of my surgery. I have posted off my MRSA swabs but I havent had any blood tests or been weighed infront of anyone. Is this normal? I am scared of getting there and being turned away.

x x x

I was banded there in oct, they won't turn you away hun!!! How exciting!!! Remember my op countdown like it was yesterday, if you want to ask anything then I'm here!! Good luck!! Xx

Don't worry it's just normal I was banded at thornbury up the road from Claremont
It's a quick op as well and works well
Good luck
Is it mr ackroyd doing it if it is he is one off the best in the area he is fantastic

Thank you for putting my mind at ease, Jo thats brilliant to see how well you have done! Im with Dr Akroyd also, fingers crossed it all goes good, did you get catheterised? x x x

No catheter lol! I went down at 3pm, laid on op table, had line put in n that was my last memory! was done n dusted at 3.45pm and was back in my room at 5.15...apparently I didn't want to wake...always have loved my sleep! My oh came at 8 to see me but to be honest I just wanted to sleep all night! be prepared for pain in left shoulder...it's the gas they put in you...and I also had to have anti sickness as when I came round started heaving to be sick but that stopped it instantly xx

No as only under about 70 mins I went home next day and back to work two days later and when I had it removed was only in for the day and back to work next day but on light duties it's scary but good and I lost 10 stone in 2 yrs with the band hardest bit is the milk diet but its worth it done it twice now
Good luck your in good hands with mr ackroyd his nurse is really help full to

Flippin eck that's good being back at work 2 days after! I had a fortnight off and soooo needed it as got tired easily!!

Wow Sarah, really excited for you! Hope these next few days go quickly for you... what an exciting start to 2012!! Very best of luck :)

Back