• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

14 days post op purées

Queenykjp

Afternoon all!

So first official day of purées, and my first meal was 1 scrambled egg for lunch... which I couldn’t finish! Now mentally I’m fine I haven’t struggled with any of this but I had a episode last night which left me been sick... and if I’m honest I’m absolutely petrified of eating now... which obviously is not good! So lists of food I’ve tried and have stayed down..

Protein yoghurts
Protein shakes
Milk
Root mash & gravy (blended thin)
Lentil cottage pie (blended thin)
Phily snack pot cheese
Water biscuits 3..
Homous
Soups.

Mash and parsley sauce (blended thin) made me sick

I’m absolutely balls’d off of the same thing but obviously anxious about trying anything adventurous, anyone tried quorn puréed? I like it in general, I really want to eat some chicken but I’m scared to death! So far I’m 10lbs down in 2 weeks...

Attachments

• 081CEB0B-1473-4600-9D64-F8FDB74B6862.jpeg
    081CEB0B-1473-4600-9D64-F8FDB74B6862.jpeg
    953.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 61935C0B-39EF-4FBF-9A2B-FD1068D5778A.jpeg
    61935C0B-39EF-4FBF-9A2B-FD1068D5778A.jpeg
    969.8 KB · Views: 7

Bling Babe

Afternoon all!

So first official day of purées, and my first meal was 1 scrambled egg for lunch... which I couldn’t finish! Now mentally I’m fine I haven’t struggled with any of this but I had a episode last night which left me been sick... and if I’m honest I’m absolutely petrified of eating now... which obviously is not good! So lists of food I’ve tried and have stayed down..

Protein yoghurts
Protein shakes
Milk
Phily snack pot cheese
Water biscuits 3..
Homous
Soups.

I’m absolutely balls’d off of the same thing but obviously anxious about trying anything adventurous, anyone tried quorn puréed? I like it in general, I really want to eat some chicken but I’m scared to death! So far I’m 10lbs down in 2 weeks...
I’m surprised you couldn’t finish the egg, that was my first “food” which I did manage lol, try not to get to bogged down worrying about the food that made you ill, it doesn’t necessarily mean it will happen with that food if you try it again, pouches are temperamental and what upsets them one day may not another.
I’ve puréed quorn, it’s ok but the chicken, well any chicken goes very grainy when puréed xx

Queenykjp

There’s so much waste of food it’s unbelievable, and unfortunately for me I’m one of those that eats something once and carnt eat it again the same day... x

Sarnie

Afternoon all!

Protein yoghurts
Protein shakes
Milk
Phily snack pot cheese
Water biscuits 3..
Homous
Soups.

What happened that frightened you? Was it the eggs? Either way don't fear it, with this WLS you have to try different things to find out what suits you. I've not really had problems eating anything, but some things have left me feeling nauseated time and time again, so I steer clear of them. I can't do scrambled egg or porridge or things with added protein in them. But I will try then again at some point and see if anything had changed. Its all trial and error x

Queenykjp

What happened that frightened you? Was it the eggs? Either way don't fear it, with this WLS you have to try different things to find out what suits you. I've not really had problems eating anything, but some things have left me feeling nauseated time and time again, so I steer clear of them. I can't do scrambled egg or porridge or things with added protein in them. But I will try then again at some point and see if anything had changed. Its all trial and error x
The scrambled eggs went down a treat no problem there, I’ve done myself a mischief... last night I woke up thirsty as hell took like 4 gulps of my juice and the next thing I knew it was like swallowing razor blades... so today my stomach is sore.. I’ve just had liquids... I will try things again I think but later on in my journey x

Sarnie

The scrambled eggs went down a treat no problem there, I’ve done myself a mischief... last night I woke up thirsty as hell took like 4 gulps of my juice and the next thing I knew it was like swallowing razor blades... so today my stomach is sore.. I’ve just had liquids... I will try things again I think but later on in my journey x
Pleased for you the egg was OK.
Oh dear I wonder what you've done, maybe swallowed a lot of air with it. Hope you're feeling better now xx