• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

17 Days Post Op and Diarrhea for Past Week

SnowDaisy

I am 17 days post op and for the last week I have had diarrhea. It is dark and like silt or sediment (best way to describe it) but I am assuming this is due to the protein in the shakes I am drinking.

Anyone else have this? Or can anyone shed some light on this?

I feel really run down and tired, but I expected that after open surgery.

:confused:

Last edited:
If you've had diarrhoea for more than a few days (especially if its unusual for you) I'd check with your provider / doctor.
Make sure you're drinking plenty so you don't get dehydrated

band fitted 16.01.14

Is it very dark?
It might be digested blood from the surgery. I'd take a little sample to your practice nurse, she could do a stick test on it to check for blood. If you were losing blood like that it would make you tired. Best to have it checked out. It could be the shakes, but safer to be certain.

I am 17 days post op and for the last week I have had diarrhea. It is dark and like silt or sediment (best way to describe it) but I am assuming this is due to the protein in the shakes I am drinking.

Anyone else have this? Or can anyone shed some light on this?

I feel really run down and tired, but I expected that after open surgery.

:confused:

Is it very dark?
It might be digested blood from the surgery. I'd take a little sample to your practice nurse, she could do a stick test on it to check for blood. If you were losing blood like that it would make you tired. Best to have it checked out. It could be the shakes, but safer to be certain.

I see my surgeon on Monday but did speak to him last week. He thought it could be a post op infection and asked me to take some antibiotics. I didn't take them then, but started to today instead (yes I am bad).

In light of C-Dif and how easy it is to get it in hospital and how hard it is to get rid of I am taking to antibiotics and getting some probiotics.

But thank you for your reply x

Good idea to get some probiotics too but take them 2 hours apart from the anti-b's hun

band fitted 16.01.14

Back