• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

17 days post op

judi2302

Hi I've been to see practice nurse today to change my dressings (one or two problem sites that need an eye keeping on them), she weighed me while I was there and I have lost 5lb this week, thats 30lb since starting my pre-op diet on 7th June.

I am delighted, I can't believe how much food I used to put away without thinking about it, at the moment I have to remind myself to eat and don't look forward to eating anything. Hopefully things will improve over time, though I would never wish to shovel away the five or six slices of bread and jam I could eat in minutes secretly in the kitchen before anyone caught me, or the bars of chocolate sitting in the car before I drove home from the supermarket.

The only 'proper' food I have craved is cheese and crackers which is really strange as I would have thought it would have been chocolate or a sandwich.

I feel a great difference in my mobility already so much so that I think I overdid it yesterday and feel really washed out today.

Can't wait to get into the next set of stones because then I will really feel like I'm in pastures new, my weight increased rapidly over the past couple of years in the fight to get assessments for my son to prove that he had a learning disorder which took three years before getting a confirmation and as usual I comfort ate my way through it.

I am going to New York in November which is really a once in a lifetime holiday for me I am going with my son - it was an incentive for him to get through the last year of school. We are both so excited I have warned him that he will have a job keeping up with me because I will have the energy to keep going instead of needing to go back to the hotel for a rest.

This journey is exciting and scary and sometimes frustrating because I want everything to be back to normal and my GP has signed me off work until 9th August which was a bit of a shock - dont think the small company I work for will be too happy.

good luck Judi, hope those little areas so soon heal up !!!!
don't worry about your company you just concentrate on you and getting well, and looking forward to that trip to New York you lucky thing x

Well done on your weight loss so far. Don't go worrying about time off you are entitled to sick leave and if your doctor says thats how long you need then take it. You need to get yourself fit and well. You are so going to enjoy that trip to New York.

Well done so far, take time to recover properly, it will pay off in the end!

Wow, you are doing fabulously and lucky you going to New York! Good luck on the rest of your journey xx

Don't worry too much about work. They will get more than their money's worth when you go back to work, because you will work so much better when you're slimmer, I know I do. Fantastic start!

Back