• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Where was you up to 12 days post op??

NatalieG

Hi To All,

I am currently at 12 days post op and finding things bit hard.

I am struggling to get 2 litres in I am now up to 1 Litre but even this can be a push. For my fluids im having perfectly clear, milk and ice lollies. I cant stand the smell of soup nor the taste. I am know i need to have something else because im getting tired easily but I have run out of all ideas.

Also last thing im gonna mention is since the op I suffer from wind and bloating can anyone help me??

Big thanks in advance

Hi Natalie,

are you a bypasser?

At 12 days post op I would say I was getting in near enough 2litres per day. Try everything hun. Tea, coffee, highlights hot choc, cuppasoup, water, sugar free squash, milk, slimfast, bovril.... whatever it takes to get your fluids up. And try to sip sip sip throughout the day.

If you can manage to up your fluids hun it will really help with the tiredness.

People have suggested peppermint tea for the wind/bloating but I cant stand it myself.

Hi Sam,

Yeah im a bypasser ive tried a few things but always seem to become bloated after. Can I ask if you was having a cup of tea how much would you make I sometimes feel over faced.

Also I cant stand peppermint either, liked it before op but cant even stand the smell now.

Hi Natalie,

I had my op day after u?

Things were not to bad till yesterday, though I have always struggled with the liquids. I'm not a lover of soup & haven't found one I like. Since yesterday I been feeling very bloated & struggled even more with drinking, not even had half of what I should have. I think its trapped wind, though last time I had it it was painful & came up after walking about. I've tried Gripe Water & no joy.

Pinky xx

Back