• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

19weeks post op

Tracey37

Hi all not been on for a while just to update you all well since the 30th jan I have lost 4stone 8lbs and in total 5stone 8lbs that's including pre op diet , things are slowing down a bit now and find I can eat a little more without much restriction which I worrying me a little , I still wanna lose another 6stone to reach my target of 11stone , I am loving my sleeve but as anyone else with sleeve finding they can eat more love to hear from you guys xxx

Hi well done on the weight loss :) I'm finding I can eat more too but still no where near the amount before op. I think it's totally normal and happy about my nice size portion as I wouldn't like to live on half a yogurt or 2 fish fingers for a meal forever :) x

I am loving my sleeve but as anyone else with sleeve finding they can eat more love to hear from you guys xxx

I am only 8 weeks post op but my capacity has increased very slightly. I know I have read elsewhere sleevers commenting that by 6 months it has grown, but I think we need to ask ourselves two main questions:

1. Am I eating 3000 - 4000 calories a day that I used to manage to gobble down when I was at my top weight?

2. Am I still losing weight?

If the answer to those to questions is positive (i.e. No to the first one and Yes to the second) then we are probably on the right track.

I think the key thing once the sleeve has reached its adult size is to take care with what you fill it with -- crisps (30 grams a packet) and choccy bars (also only 30 grams) could take 2 or 3 to fill the sleeve ..... and lots of cr*p calories, junk, no nutrition and high fat etc ...... but choose a healthy, high protein meal and your sleeve will be full and keep you fuller for longer.

Hopefully once we have reached that stage (20+ weeks post op) we will have lost enough weight to be sufficiently motivated to want the weight loss to continue, and have the motivation to pick the right foods to fill the sleeve, and not the wrong foods.

Hi Tracey, as u know I'm a few days behind u. Il be 19 weeks post op this Friday. I to have found my restriction isn't what it use to be and I now tend to feel hungry at times where as b4 I had to remind myself to eat. I've been trying to avoid sloppy foods as I think I can eat more of those and been trying to stick to smaller portions. I made some toast and could probably have eaten 2 slices but decided to only have 1 which didn't fill me but I was happy with that amount. Can u give me an example of ur portion sizes now? Xx

I'm pre-op so can't help but congratulations on your weight loss - keep up the good work x

Back