• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st Appointment tomorrow...

Hi Sarah,
Read your post, I live in Oxfordshire and our PCT refer to Luton & Dunstable too. My GP has referred me for a band, so just waiting to hear whether funding has been granted. If you feel like trying Lipotrim again I would say go for it, but keep you hospital appts just in case, I have been feeling the same about the enormity of it all.

Just wondered if you had to wait long for your appt at Luton after your
GP referred you??

best wishes
Deb

Hi Sarah, Welcome to Mini's.

Goodluck on your journey fellow loser. We are all here to support you, I'm a bypass but will still be here to help guide you any way i can xxxxx

When i manage to get online that is, lol... work work work!!!

Poppy,

My GP referred me in November i think. Then he called to say they had approved funding in january, then i got my letter about 3 weeks later with my appointment date in may, so 6 months between referral and appointment i guess! Felt like an eternity.

Hope it goes well for you hun xxx

Hi Sarah
I am in manchester and I was sent by my Gp to go for 6 montsh weight management first which ended last week I now have to wait to go throuh test etc.. then meet surgeon so hopefully 6 more moneths and it will all be over. Even thoughgwls has been on my mind some time and i have reserached it, it didnt actually seem real till last week when my dietician was giving me my last info and saying bye !!!
I was thinking in my head omg get up and walk out what teh hell are you doing here....
I think we all go through shakes and only you know what is best for you.
You did fantastic on Lipotrim last time
good luck whatever you choose
xx

hi sarah, welcome to the site i just joined yesterday and i must say everyone has been very helpful wish i had heard of site earlier as some of the girls put my mind at rest about some queries i had. I had my band done 26th april so im now 15 days post op i was private and flew over from belfast so it was pretty much up to me re my surgery date i pondered over this op for years to be honest it was money but like yourself i lost weight then put it all back on and more so i felt this was my last option mind you now i wish id had it done years ago im down to 16 stone 7 lbs from 18 stone 3 and def feel much better family and friends are begining to notice the weight loss tho i never told anyone about the surgery i let on i was away on weekend trip with girls out of work when i came back i let on i wasnt well with a urine inf to explain why i wasnt out and about. Let me know how you get on at your appt good luck. Julie x

Back