• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st Appointment, what next and PANIC?

Miss Tickle

Hiya, I've just found out that my first appointment at Walsall Manor is next Thursday (18th).
I'm excited but incredibly nervous. I didn't expect to be. My tum is churning & I have to keep going to the loo!
I realise that I have no idea what happens at a first appointment-can you experienced bods tell me please?
Also- how many appointments will I have to have before I get my op?
Just need to take some deep breaths !!

Calm down Ms Tickle lol, right the first appointment you will be weighed, blood pressure taken and your bmi calculated you will meet Ana and probably Mr Hartland whom will talk you through the procedure.

You may be told to see Mr Kendrick this seems to be the case with alot of WM people at the moment. They have changed the way things work now but I had to wait 4 months until my next appointment to just tell them that I wanted to go ahead apparently this has now been scrapped, funding is then applied for, when this has been agreed you will have 2 pre-op appointments the second is to see the funny Mr Yousaf who will give you that all important date.

Hope that helps

Thanks MSB. You make it sound really simple and not at all scary.
Still tummy churning is getting worse! :eek::eek:
You''re right-I SO need to calm down:):)

Thanks MSB. You make it sound really simple and not at all scary.
Still tummy churning is getting worse! :eek::eek:
You''re right-I SO need to calm down:):)

Thats because I havnt had my op yet lol but to be honest I have read, researched and spoke to lots of people on here and I feel ok about the op and no that if I need to no anything I can ask away, So just remember anything you need to no ask, Oh and watch the admin at Walsall they are terrible and if you are lucky you can become a member of the PIA (pain in ass) gang as that is what you have to become to get anywhere with Walsall Manor :D:D

Great news Miss Tickle. MSB has summed it up nicely for you. Exactly what your first appointment consists of can sometimes depend who is in clinic. At the least you shoudl see Dr hartland and Ana the bariatric nurse. They tell you what the op entails, and it is your opportunity to ask all of those questions that are no doubt running through your mind. You may or may not see Mr Khan, and you may or may not see Georgia the dietician.I didnt see Mr Khan or Georgia myself, but it seems that some people do.

You get weighed, height taken, (i didn't have blood pressure done at WM) and then you get to see Ana and Dr Hartland who tell you all about the op (which you probably know right now) and then.... As the four month cooling off period has stopped you'll probably go round to easibook and fill in a questionnaire and then go and have some bloods taken....

Then you wait for the letter to say you have funding and are on the waiting list. Then it's two pre op appts first one is for more tests etc, second is Mr Yousef the gas man who usually gives you a date...

Fabby news Miss T, well chuffed for you xx

I feel isolated down here in Dorset! I have my first appointment on Tuesday. My Dr called me a couple of weeks ago and said my funding had been approved. Made an appointment with the consultant and they wrote to me and confirmed this and also sent me a I suppose a 'personal details form' to amend and check if all is correct and take with me next week. I am trying REALLY hard not to get excited that this wil be the start of a new life as I fear when I get there they would have changed their minds.
Nicky:eek:

I feel isolated down here in Dorset! I have my first appointment on Tuesday. My Dr called me a couple of weeks ago and said my funding had been approved. Made an appointment with the consultant and they wrote to me and confirmed this and also sent me a I suppose a 'personal details form' to amend and check if all is correct and take with me next week. I am trying REALLY hard not to get excited that this wil be the start of a new life as I fear when I get there they would have changed their minds.

Try not to worry to much, hard I no we have all been there thinking that we are the one that they are going to say no to, good luck with your appointment and keep us updated on your journey

Don't feel isolated I'll come and live with you in sunny Dorset lol :character00180:

Don't panic. If it's anything like my appointment, everyone was lovely. I didn't feel judged at all. Just tell them everything so they know the best way to help you.

And don't wear anything too wintery. Those hospitals are boiling!

Back