• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st appointment with Surgeon

farzu

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share this update with you all. I'm just going home after an appointment with Dr Koak. It went very well. He said gastric bypass is the only option for me as i am diabetic and use cpap. I told him about sleeve but he said wrong choice. He said i am perfect for the surgery. He will apply for funding. He did't tell anything about loosing weight before surgery and also didn't give me any follow-up appointments. He said he will have to discuss my matter immidiately. After hearing this i am a bit scared but then i thought oh well, i was waiting to hear this for a long time. He told me that i will get the surgery date soon and if i don't hear anything from the hospital for 2 months then i should call diane.

I'm very happy with the app today. At least i know i'm going somewhere.

Last edited:
Oh Farzu so happy for you!Your like me could be done and dusted by early summer.

That's great news and your right a little scary but my new motto in life since my op has been, never to let being scared stop me from getting the most out of life, we have all done that for long enough!!
good luck x x

thanks ladies, i am sooo excited. i was a bit confused when Dr Koak didn't tell me anything about loosing weight before surgery but he pointed out why i was eligible for surgery and why my PCT will give me funding. I asked him how long might it take but he said he can't tell me that.

Now starts the waiting game........
anyone got the number of Diane? or anyone knows how long does it take to get funding? when does the Dr's have the discussion about the case?

Yeey great news, well done shouldn't be too long now then should it xxxx

great news x

Fantastic news hunni xxx :D:D:D

That's good news. I had my day of appts, seeing the dieticians, group info and then the surgeon on 23 August and got a letter at end of October to say I'd been approved for bypass (once they'd all met and had the multi-disciplinary meeting) and funding. Then on 2 November I got my surgery date - 21 Feb! It takes a bit of patience but you'll soon here some good news - I reckon you'll hear something before Easter.
Good luck! xx

kurvykaren said:
That's good news. I had my day of appts, seeing the dieticians, group info and then the surgeon on 23 August and got a letter at end of October to say I'd been approved for bypass (once they'd all met and had the multi-disciplinary meeting) and funding. Then on 2 November I got my surgery date - 21 Feb! It takes a bit of patience but you'll soon here some good news - I reckon you'll hear something before Easter.
Good luck! xx

Thanks dear. Do you have diana's number? If you have, can you please give it to me?
XX

Great news Farzu. Congratulations.

Back