• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Surgeon is just the best lol

misshell

Hi everybody i am 6 weeks post op and i have to say its the best thing i have ever done :D

I was very sceptical at first as i was band to bypass and my surgeon said that my pouch would be bigger than the "normal" BUT i have to say i have restriction on sloppys and feel full all of the time and for the very first time in my life i have total control over what i eat instead of it being in control of me :D

I had my surgery with Chris Sutton at the Spire in Leicester and i have to say that he is the most loveliest man i have ever met. He is so caring and told me that i can phone him anytime at the hospital and speak to him straight away if i have any questions/problems etc. He discovered a hernia during surgery and temporarily repaired it, and told me that i would need surgery down the line to fully repair it.

When i went to see him on monday for my 6 week check up he said he had written to my gp because he wants to do the op himself, even though i live out of the area he works in (im in Derby) he says he has a good case and failing that will have me back for one of our outpatient appointments and just admit me there and then so they have no choice. He is fab and im really glad he will be doing it as i trust him completely.

Just wanted to share as i feel so positive :D i had so many doubts before about how it wouldnt work as the band had failed etc but i am sooo happy and i owe it all to my surgeon :D

Carre

Glad to hear its all worked out for you xx great loss so far well done. I can totally relate to food controlling you, I love having the control now xx

Wibble

I have to agree most sincerely - the man is awesome. He did my bypass over 2 years ago and went above and beyond to make sure I was, and am, ok. Nothing was too much trouble for him. I totally, totally love and trust the guy to bits. I'd have absolutely no trouble in recommending him to anyone who asked.(Hmm....I'm thinking we should be on commission here for bigging up Mr Sutton...what do you reckon?!) Bless him.
Don't forget though that you too deserve major major credit for doing this! Keep on being positive too. Big hugs xx

misshell

I have to agree most sincerely - the man is awesome. He did my bypass over 2 years ago and went above and beyond to make sure I was, and am, ok. Nothing was too much trouble for him. I totally, totally love and trust the guy to bits. I'd have absolutely no trouble in recommending him to anyone who asked.(Hmm....I'm thinking we should be on commission here for bigging up Mr Sutton...what do you reckon?!) Bless him.
Don't forget though that you too deserve major major credit for doing this! Keep on being positive too. Big hugs xx

oooh another Mr Sutton fan lol :D would highly recommend the hugs he gives too, and a really lovely bedside manner..... damn shame hes married lol

Wibble

Went off him a bit (for about a whole minute!) - got a letter from him after our last meeting "Alex has put on a little weight which is obviously good news".
Went straight into mad woman panic mode - argh I've put on weight, am I fat again, is this the start of the downward spiral....the usual stuff. Rationalised it, I've gained 1.5 kilos since starting using Creon and that IS good as I'm now absorbing more good stuff which can only be a GOOD thing! And I feel brilliant to boot.
So I love him to bits again now. Even if he did turn me into a paranoid loon for a very short while!

misshell

Went off him a bit (for about a whole minute!) - got a letter from him after our last meeting "Alex has put on a little weight which is obviously good news".
Went straight into mad woman panic mode - argh I've put on weight, am I fat again, is this the start of the downward spiral....the usual stuff. Rationalised it, I've gained 1.5 kilos since starting using Creon and that IS good as I'm now absorbing more good stuff which can only be a GOOD thing! And I feel brilliant to boot.
So I love him to bits again now. Even if he did turn me into a paranoid loon for a very short while!

If i do half as well as you have done hun i will be very happy :D

And he can tell me ive put on weight and i will still love him lol :D