• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1ST BAND FILL IS ON THURSDAY

candyb

can anyone offer me some advice?
im told having a band fill is not painful, just uncomfortable?
im due to have my first fill on 18th and im very scared
my port as been painfull from day one, ive got a big needle phobia....and really worried that its going to hurt
can someone offer some help and advice please?
i really need the fill as im currently eating for england....anything and everything....:mad:

I can only say what mine are like. Mine are not done with xray and barium but it is just like a firm press down and scratch and it's not long.
Usually the not knowing is worse than the actual thing itself.
The person doing it is going to be very skilled at it I'm sure and if you mention your fears I am sure they will do it as carefully and swiftly as possible x

Hi Candy - You and me both this Thursday.

From what others on here have said, its not too bad the fill and its pretty normal about having something different done to your body, but then again I guess we`ll have to get used to it if we want it done again over the next year or two.

I note that you had your surgery on 1st September, is your port still painful, because it should really be settled by now and not bothering you. Perhaps if it is still a problem with pain then you should ring your bariatric team and get some advice before you have a fill. They might be able to put your mind at rest or x-ray you to see there are no problems with the band.

Hope it all works out for you hun x

Take Care Love Kat x

its just a sharp scratch at the most if you look away or keep your eyes closed it will be over before you know it, you will be fine honestly, good luck xxx

When I went got my first fill the surgeon tried to manipulate the port as it had flipped (dont worry this isnt a regular thing for banders)and the surgeon tried about a dozen times and tbh I didnt feel any of the times he tried. You both be fine. I got my 2nd fill on Friday - Good Luck to you both xx

I too hate needles, my port also flipped and they could not move it back so I had to go for another op. However, when I have a band fill I just put an arm on my chest I can't see anthing then!!
It is all over in a flash!!
N xx

I didn't look at what the nurse was doing, just felt her pressing then before I knew she said it was done. Easy peasy.

Back