• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

first band fill on weds

hjm

hi. ive got my first band fill on weds. ive done ok since the op. dodgy first week. was in agony. am fine now tho. eating ok. solids are still a bit of a no no. unless chewed LOTS. but im sticking to soups and things that are ok like that. i have noticed my portion size has increased quite a bit. will this be nipped in the butt/budd once ive had my first fill. cos at the mo i feel like im eating too much. granted its a lot loss than before. and i am losing weight. about stone and bit in 3 weeks, but most of that was in first week. im jst a bit scared that im capable of eating more than i technically should. will having the fill stop that. im worried that if things stay the way they are now then im a bit up a gum tree, without enough will power to help myself. hope u guys can put me straight. about what to expect etc. thanks. Hx

I am surprised you are having a fill if you are not yet on solid foods. Whilst you are on liquids and purees your portion sizes will be bigger than solids. This is because they are slider foods and even after your fill you will find that you don't get restriction.

Restriction only comes once you are on solids.

Also 3 weeks after the op seems very early to have fill. My provider (like many) will not do one for 6-7 weeks.

Hi

As Sue said would be very suprised if they give you a fill if your not managing solids 100% and are relying on soups to fill you, Im also shocked they are suggesting a fill so soon. I was on liquids for 2 weeks and sloppies for another 2. I had my first fill 13 weeks after my op.

Keep your appointment and be honest with your eating and see what your dietician advises.

Good luck and well done on your loss so far x

hey. thanks. i can manage soilds. but only a few bites and chew lots. but hav been told to stick to slops and things. today for example i had porridge for brekkie. a few bites of my
sisters big chicken and falaffel wrap for lunch. a few plain doritos and humous late arvo. and ive jst had some choc. im making thai soup for flatmstes tonight. will hav a mug full, it has chick and veg in it.

ok so the choc was unneccessary. but i feel like sh*t today and caved. also. i think what ive found is that i appear not to eat a massively solid diet anyway. i do like soups and stew'y things anyway. ive made low fat fish chowder the other day. and a low fat veggie curry. and theyve been fine with me/band too.

im sitting here trying to think of a solud example of something i wldnt usually eat anyway. steak i guess. but i wldnt dream of that now. and prob bit ever again really from reading around here.

now im worried i dobt eat enough solid stuff in life pre op...

like i said. am having a bad day. feeling flu'ey and rubbish. im going to quit worrying and speak to my surgeon on weds. he says im doing great tho. oooooh im confused.

should i eat more solid stuff? confused dot com!!!!

sorry. hannah x

At this stage (3 weeks after op) you are doing great hun. However, long term to get the most out of your band you will need to learn to eat solid foods that suit your band. Until you get restriction it is down to will power and with over a stone gone you show you have that so well done!!!.

For example - sauce dishes are not a good bander food as the liquid helps the food go through the band.

Like you said speak to your surgeon and make sure they let you know what to expect long term, not just the next few weeks.

hi. ive got my first band fill on weds. ive done ok since the op. dodgy first week. was in agony. am fine now tho. eating ok. solids are still a bit of a no no. unless chewed LOTS. but im sticking to soups and things that are ok like that. i have noticed my portion size has increased quite a bit. will this be nipped in the butt/budd once ive had my first fill. cos at the mo i feel like im eating too much. granted its a lot loss than before. and i am losing weight. about stone and bit in 3 weeks, but most of that was in first week. im jst a bit scared that im capable of eating more than i technically should. will having the fill stop that. im worried that if things stay the way they are now then im a bit up a gum tree, without enough will power to help myself. hope u guys can put me straight. about what to expect etc. thanks. Hx

Hi hjm, are suppose to be still on liquids :confused: if so im suprised you're gettin a fill if you aren't on solids yet!!
I had absolutely no willpower before my op but its suprising how you find some post op, you will probably only feel restriction for a week or 2 with your 1st one mine didn't last long, had my 2nd one last week and can definately notice a difference compared to my 1st
You'll be fine just keep thinking about how far you have come and the weight you have lost so far that'll hopefully stop you from over-eating

Good luck, let us know how you get on

Kate x

You will find that if you eat more solid food you will feel the restriction. Normally fills happen around 6 weeks post op so if I were you I'd hold off the fill for a couple of weeks untill you're eating normal solid food. If you have the fill while you're still on sloppie foods you will really struggle after your fill.Good luckxx

Back