• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st day on my journey

Summerband

Today was the first day on my journey. I have my op booked for 29th of June at Dolan Park with Mr. Super.

I have been cutting carbs out for 5 days to make it easier, and today I have started my milk diet. I am lucky that I like milk, shakes, yogs, milky coffee etc.

But I am hungry. :( I am committed though ;) I know it is just a means to an end of being overweight and achy and on the road to health complications if I dont sort the weight out.

I am looking forward to buying smaller size clothes. At the mo I am a 20-22 and the last time I was a size 14 or less was over 10 years ago. I cant wait to shop in the highstreet rather than only M&S (if I am lucky) or plus size shops.

I want to be prepared for the post op stage and so I am thinking I probably need a set of bathroom scales? I was weighed at my first consultation 3 weeks ago, but have no idea what I weigh now.

Do I need kitchen scales? measuring cups? measuring spoons? Any equipment or products you can recommend?

Also any slow cooker recipes that would be good for the soft stage? I know veggies need to be really soft and thought the slow cooker would be really useful.

Do any of you use it?

Good luck with your journey!
I do have one bathroom scales but you may prefer weighing yourself somewhere else (i.e. chemist, GP), that's up to you.
I also have kitchen scales, measuring cups, blender, immersion blender and a few microwave steamers and cups. I use them all and couldn't do without, but I'm sleeved, not banded, and know nothing about band guidelines. Sorry.

I have my op on the same day, same place and same surgeon as you.....your thread is so similar to me it's scary. I start my milk diet today I also have reduced my calories and carbs for the last 2 weeks... Maybe I will meet you there and compare notes....good luck xx

Back