• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st puree/soft meal eekkk

x.Nicky.x

Well..omg it tasted amazing!!! Had mash (milky, 1/2 teaspoon of butter) and pureed tuna with light mayo...

1 large potatoe and tin of tuna - had half tonight and having half tomorrow.

It went down very well :p..Is this a good amount, too little, too much?

Nicky xx

Attachments

• 20170801_181804.jpg
    20170801_181804.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

Kellylou

Looks good! I loved having tuna and still do but found mash used to sit a little heavy, it is getting better though...,, so glad you enjoyed it onwards and upwards x

x.Nicky.x

Looks good! I loved having tuna and still do but found mash used to sit a little heavy, it is getting better though...,, so glad you enjoyed it onwards and upwards x

It is so weird, since surgery my taste buds have completing changed and I am enjoying stronger foods like tuna. It was lush - it is hard to know when I am full tho, i just stopped when i thought it was enough.

;)

Kellylou

It is so weird, since surgery my taste buds have completing changed and I am enjoying stronger foods like tuna. It was lush - it is hard to know when I am full tho, i just stopped when i thought it was enough.

;)
My tastes have really changed! Things I used to love is not keen on now, strange hiw it works. I agree on knowing when you're full, it took a while but I know the sign now and know 1 mouthful extra would make me sick.

x.Nicky.x

My tastes have really changed! Things I used to love is not keen on now, strange hiw it works. I agree on knowing when you're full, it took a while but I know the sign now and know 1 mouthful extra would make me sick.

Ooohhh hope I get to that point when i know enough is enough.

What surgery did u have hun and when? What foods are not as yummy for u now?

Xxx

Kellylou

I was sleeved in march, sent home but readmitted after 10 days with a leak. Had to be tube fed for 14 weeks as wasn't allowed to eat or drink, so I'm a little behind where I should be. I am eating now but can't stomach bread products, tea or coffee and am struggling with meat and cheese which I loved before....I love most fruit and veg now and find cracker breads and cottage cheese to be one of my faves. I'll get better with time hopefully but it's a huge learning curve x

x.Nicky.x

Oh blimey...been a rollercoaster for u then!! Sounds like ur out the worst of it and hope food options improve. Are you still positive about the whole proceedure tho and glad u had it?

U must have lots loads due to the length of time on liquids xx

:hugs:

Kellylou

At the minute and after everything I thought it was the biggest mistake I'd ever made, I'm slowly realising it'll probably be the best thing I've done! I mean obviously it was the last resort so I needed it really, since starting the lrd I've lost just short of 6 stone. Still a bit to lose but I am feeling better for it! We all know there's a risk and I was the really unlucky one, still I'm coming through the other side now and starting to think positively x

x.Nicky.x

Well done for being positive, it will be ok..ur weight loss is amazing - i can totally understand y u thought it was a mistake but long term it worth it xx

Mollypop

That looks lovely. I'm still on Liquids until next Monday so feeling a bit envious here ;)

x.Nicky.x

Not long @Mollypop - it is lovely swapping over..defo was more positive yestérday.

@Mazza had 1 weetabix, 2 mini yogurts and some cawliflower and stilton soup nom nom

Xxxx

x.Nicky.x

Sooo..today I have been so hungry :(...had weetabik from breaky and an actimel an hour later..then a diet shake for lunch ..then had mash and chicken curry for dinner oh and a mini yogurt..

Why am i getting hungry and i just have no idea what and how much i should be eatting...

BANDERS HELP ME :(:(:(

SAM55

Sooo..today I have been so hungry :(...had weetabik from breaky and an actimel an hour later..then a diet shake for lunch ..then had mash and chicken curry for dinner oh and a mini yogurt..

Why am i getting hungry and i just have no idea what and how much i should be eatting...

BANDERS HELP ME :(:(:(
Have you not been given a diet sheet? Your team should have advised you... Can you tell the difference yet between stomach hunger and head hunger?

x.Nicky.x

Have you not been given a diet sheet? Your team should have advised you... Can you tell the difference yet between stomach hunger and head hunger?

No diet sheet, what kind of stuff is on it? Ermm, yes I think so - think I need to up my water intake.

Calculated it and had aroud 850 calories..is that to much? X

SAM55

No diet sheet, what kind of stuff is on it? Ermm, yes I think so - think I need to up my water intake.

Calculated it and had aroud 850 calories..is that to much? X
A diet sheet should list the foods you can eat and when - sleevers have to do two weeks liquid, two weeks, puree and two weeks mashed, before they can start on 'proper food', and how much per portion. I don't think 850 is too many calories, but I am a sleeve not a band, so not sure what you are allowed to eat. A good diary to read of a bander is @countrywench . More water is always good.

What aftercare have you got? Can you contact them and ask?

x.Nicky.x

A diet sheet should list the foods you can eat and when - sleevers have to do two weeks liquid, two weeks, puree and two weeks mashed, before they can start on 'proper food', and how much per portion. I don't think 850 is too many calories, but I am a sleeve not a band, so not sure what you are allowed to eat. A good diary to read of a bander is @countrywench . More water is always good.

What aftercare have you got? Can you contact them and ask?

This is so helpful thanks hun - will defo have a read!!!

I upgraded to 5 years aftercare so I will defo call them tomorrow - just feel like they have left me to it without much communication - had 1 call 3 days after op and that it is!! No emails nuffin :( - not that impressed tbh xx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Bless you, I woke feeling hungry from both my band and sleeve ops so I'm with you on the hunger :hugs:

You do really need to get back in touch with them @Nickynooo because you need some input form them over what your having. For instance, I was advised to aim for three to five tablespoons at your stage. How much are you managing?

My only suggestion would be to drop the actimel and diet shakes in favour of something of more substance (albeit sloppy substance).

Why not try something like beans and scrambled eggs blended for breakfast.

Fish in parsley sauce with mash (blended) for lunch

Your dinner sounds ok but bare in mind its normal to feel hungry and the further out you get, the more you'll realise that its protein that'll keep you fuller for longer xx

x.Nicky.x

@Oopseydaisy and @Mazza seriously your advice is really what I needed to hear!!

I have measured my food tonight and got a timer in the post today so I have slowed down and feel happier that i am eating the right amount/and not rushing..just frlt like i fucked up yesterday - need to make time to eat and take it slow.

I havent finished my dinner (below) tonight but plan on eating it later when i get peckish!

I am looking forward too a fill tbh, u dont expect to fill hungry but reality is - u do lol!

Plus actually 80% is head hunger. Scales hacent moved, downwards anyway - put on 2lbs and i really dont know why - i am 100% having less than 900 calories.

Reason I was having shakes is coz i dnt prep in advance but guna start making double dinners lol and take 1 for lunch the next day.

Question, is egg mayo ok to eat? I am defo having scrambled egg for breaky as working from home tomorrow..yay xxxx

Thanks both :hugs: