• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I survivived 1st day on puree - but did I do ok?

kurvykaren

So I've survived the first day on pureed/soft foods! I didn't puree anything as it was all sloppy enough to eat easily.

I'd like honest opinions if you think I've had too much or wrong things please!

Breakfast was one weetabix with skimmed milk, very sloppy but went down nicely (although may need a little sweetener tomorrow - will this be ok at this stage?)

Lunch was 2 eggs scrambled and with a little ketchup and salt and pepper. Was definitely full after eating it which took about 30 mins and I think perhaps I should have stopped 3/4 of the way through - part of the learning process I guess!

This afternoon I had a screwball icecream. Needed something to cool me down and had run out of my orange juice lollies (I've been having one a day). It was eaten very slowly and was gorgeous and cool - was it a realy bad thing to have?

Dinner tonight was half of a very small swede mashed to a pulp, no butter, with about 1/3 tin of mince and onion (leftover from hubby yesterday). That went down really well!

Been drinking lots of lemon squash today. Hard when it's so hot not to gulp it down quickly, took 4 largish sips and knew that that was stretching my limit at one stage today. Will stick with my 3 sips every 10 mins as I know I can manage that without any problems!

Everything was ok, haven't felt sick or like I've overeaten but I am worried perhaps it was too much. Everything I'm reading say it'd be 2-3 tablespoons per meal but mine was more than that. If I continued eating at this level would it stretch my pouch? I don't want to do any damage when I've only just started the journey (or ever!)

Thanks guys.

Karen stick to one egg with a little grated cheese hun and ditch the screwball!You are doing fine!Maz x

Thanks Maz - I knew you'd be one to be honest with me!
Lee rolled his eyes and shook his head when I got the screwball out of the freezer so I didn't think it was that great but I was so hot!

Back