• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st week post RNY- hi everyone!

Bethinner

Hello everyone. I am new to posting here and only 7 days post gastric bypass.

It's such a learning curve and would love to hear other peoples experiences.

First, I am still feeling hungry! I was hoping I wouldn't after this but I am! I am hoping that when I go on to more solid food this will help

Second, with every spoon of food my stomach makes mad growling noises! Does anyone else have this?

Looking forward to hearing your views!

X x x

Hi and Welcome. I still get the growling noises when i eat.
The hungry feeling i used to say was head hunger which i also still get but i have never had a hungry feeling in my pouch. Hope this is of some help to you.

Hi & welcome... yes I'm afraid the days of a quiet tummy are over! It does get quieter the further out you get but mine still indulges in conversation at the most inoppertune moments!!

Hi Bethinner, congrats on your op. My tummy makes odd noises all the time ESP if I have anything spicy. The hunger at this stage is just head hunger, it's a complete change for your body, also having the liquids only makes head hunger more prominent. What sort of things are you eating? Xx

Thanks everyone!
Actually I think you are right it is probably head hunger- it's a battle to recondition your mind after years of eating whenever and whatever you want! Lol

I am eating soups for lunch (which don't make me feel full) and a pureed meal such ad fish or shepherds pie for dinner (which does make me feel fuller)

The liquids stage is driving me mad to be honest as I visually can't stand the look of slop on a plate and it puts me off eating it!

Any suggestions please? Also, do people add protein supps to their food or I have heard of adding marvel?!? X

Back