• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone

Nathan

Greetings everyone, my name is Nathan and I am going to have my Gastric Sleeves operation at Kings under Dr Chang this Friday morning 7 November 2018

A bit nervous and I am already on the two weeks Diet . Its very difficult not eating all the food I wanted. However, i hope to change my current lifestyle to a better one soon.

I have two questions and hope someone can answer:
- I live in a house and my bedroom is in first floor. Can I climb stairs post returning from hospital?
- I just move to this house and have ordered a bed frame for my bed and it will arrive 2 weeks from now which means I need to sleep on the floor on my bed. Is this advisable post operation? Will be it difficult for me to wake up? And experiences?

Look forward to hearing.

Thanks
Nathan

Welcome and good luck with your surgery
I have a bypass but could manage the stairs fine, I think I would have found it a bit difficult getting done onto the floor to sleep and up again but you’ll be 1 week post op so you may be ok
Let us know how it goes

Greetings everyone, my name is Nathan and I am going to have my Gastric Sleeves operation at Kings under Dr Chang this Friday morning 7 November 2018

A bit nervous and I am already on the two weeks Diet . Its very difficult not eating all the food I wanted. However, i hope to change my current lifestyle to a better one soon.

- I live in a house and my bedroom is in first floor. Can I climb stairs post returning from hospital?
- I just move to this house and have ordered a bed frame for my bed and it will arrive 2 weeks from now which means I need to sleep on the floor on my bed. Is this advisable post operation? Will be it difficult for me to wake up? And experiences?

Look forward to hearing.

Thanks
Nathan
Hi and welcome, Good luck with your surgery. I think you meant 7th of September for your surgery, is that right, or is it in November? I'm preop so not had experience of what its like post op, but I should imagine it would be a bit painful getting up from the floor. Maybe ask your teams advice on that.

Look forward to hearing.

Thanks
Nathan

Hi and welcome. Congratulations on getting your surgery. I’m 5 weeks post op bypass. I had no problem getting up the stairs. Just take your time first week is the worst then it gets much easier I’m sure you will be fine :)

Hello and welcome,

I agree with the girls, as the entire entry for the operation is right above your stomach muscles, you only realise how much you rely on them when you feel the pain from using them.
Getting up out of bed, sofa, cars and certainly on the floor are the more painful points.

Do you not have access to a temporary camper bed or something until your bed arrives? Typical timing hey? lol

Hi and welcome!

I'm 4 weeks post op from a bypass and I can honestly say I had almost zero pain post op from the surgery site, just a bit tender but certainly advisable to make alternative sleeping arrangements so you're not straining your muscles.

What you'll have to watch out for is the pain of the trapped gas they use during the op, I found the pain linked to that really limited my movement and ability to sleep comfortably.

All the very best!

Thank you very much everyone for giving your opinions. I manage to buy a single bed and it arrived today . Until I receive my double bed I will sleep in this bed.

My Operation is this Friday 9 September and a bit nervous but I am looking forward to a new life post surgery :)

I will keep posted how i get on

Thanks again

Thank you very much everyone for giving your opinions. I manage to buy a single bed and it arrived today . Until I receive my double bed I will sleep in this bed.

My Operation is this Friday 9 September and a bit nervous but I am looking forward to a new life post surgery :)

I will keep posted how i get on

Thanks again

Oh that’s good news hun you will be more comfortable than lying on a mattress on the floor:). Don’t worry to much it will all be fine and you will soon be looking back like the rest of us thinking it’s the best thing you have ever done :) Hope it’s all gone well

Last edited:
Hope your op went well and you're recovery is going good.

Back