• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 months on. Opinions?

Charineet

Hi all,

I'm two months on from my gastic sleeve procedure.

It's mostly gone well, I'm eating normal foods now. I posted a few weeks ago that I worried I had been eating too much as had been hungry a lot.

I had taken advise from this site and am eating protien food first then veg then any carbs. I chew 20 times and don't eat after 20 minutes prior to when I first started to eat. I drink 1.5ltr if water a day and about 500ml of sugar free juice (around 2ltrs a day).

It was advised to try more unprocessed foods as I was worried as I became hungry almost every 2hrs and could potentially be overeating. I thought my portion sizes are the right size for a meal and just wanted to double check if they are? Please can you give me your opinion? I've added pictures to this for you to see.

The first picture of my tea tonight is two thin Richmond sausages, a tablespoon of peas, 2 gherkins and a poached egg (I only like the yolk).

Second picture id have 3 crackers, one slice of cheese and 3 pieces of chicken (,it'll change from chicken to turkey to ham)

The third picture is two reduced fat sausages, 2 tablespoons of peas and two tablespoons of mashed potato and tomato sauce (low sugar low salt) .I didn't eat any mashed potato in the end and only are 1 2/3 of the sausages .

I always eat my meals on a side plate .

Can you please give me your advise and opinions on my portion sizes- am I eating too much?

Thank you!

(Ps thanks to advice I am now exploring other foods such as chicken salads, bananas, sultanas, strawberries, low fat crisp, 5% fat mince, cod.

I currently eat 2 sometimes 3 meals a day and have around 2 snacks per day .Snacks are usually low fat crisp, salads and dips, 1/2 protein bar. Meals can be like the oicture, cheese and wafer thin meat, homemade cauliflower cheese, 5% mince with low fat cheese 1/2 jacket potato, chicken sausages, pork sausages, turkey slices)

received_588288341584997.jpeg IMG_20190122_133847.jpg IMG_20190123_184906.jpg

Hi all,

It's mostly gone well, I'm eating normal foods now. I posted a few weeks ago that I worried I had been eating too much as had been hungry a lot.

I had taken advise from this site and am eating protien food first then veg then any carbs. I chew 20 times and don't eat after 20 minutes prior to when I first started to eat. I drink 1.5ltr if water a day and about 500ml of sugar free juice (around 2ltrs a day).

It was advised to try more unprocessed foods as I was worried as I became hungry almost every 2hrs and could potentially be overeating. I thought my portion sizes are the right size for a meal and just wanted to double check if they are? Please can you give me your opinion? I've added pictures to this for you to see.

The first picture of my tea tonight is two thin Richmond sausages, a tablespoon of peas, 2 gherkins and a poached egg (I only like the yolk).

Second picture id have 3 crackers, one slice of cheese and 3 pieces of chicken (,it'll change from chicken to turkey to ham)

The third picture is two reduced fat sausages, 2 tablespoons of peas and two tablespoons of mashed potato and tomato sauce (low sugar low salt) .I didn't eat any mashed potato in the end and only are 1 2/3 of the sausages .

Can you please give me your advise and opinions on my portion sizes- am I eating too much?

Thank you!

(Ps thanks to advice I am now exploring other foods such as chicken salads, bananas, sultanas, strawberries, low fat crisp, 5% fat mince, cod.

I currently eat 2 sometimes 3 meals a day and have around 2 snacks per day .Snacks are usually low fat crisp, salads and dips, 1/2 protein bar. Meals can be like the oicture, cheese and wafer thin meat, homemade cauliflower cheese, 5% mince with low fat cheese 1/2 jacket potato, chicken sausages, pork sausages, turkey slices)

View attachment 21384 View attachment 21385 View attachment 21386
Hi I can't really comment on the portion sizes as I've not had my op yet, but you are still having a lot of processed food, sausages are processed food unless they have a very high meat content of around 95% meat, it will tell you this in the ingredients listing. Also I don't think sausages are very high in protein as opposed to say chicken, meat and fish. So if you go for sausages make sure they have a high meat content hun. xx

Hi all,

Thank you!

View attachment 21384 View attachment 21385 View attachment 21386
Also have you noticed a difference in your hunger since you made the changes? xx

Hi @Charineet

No I don't think you are eating too much BUT your plate ideally should be 1/2 protein and the other half, mostly veg and the smallest section carbs. So meal one was good, two was ok but maybe a bit too carb heavy and three, well you couldn't eat the mash so all good.

Also as @Sarnie said, sausages, chicken and cheese slices are all processed and contain extra's that aren't nutritious.

I have this plate which is actually slightly smaller than a side plate, as you only use the inside but it might give you an idea of what I mean and also an indication of what to have :D

Attachments

• Gastric Guru plate.jpg
    Gastric Guru plate.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 12
Hi @Charineet

No I don't think you are eating too much BUT your plate ideally should be 1/2 protein and the other half, mostly veg and the smallest section carbs. So meal one was good, two was ok but maybe a bit too carb heavy and three, well you couldn't eat the mash so all good.

Also as @Sarnie said, sausages, chicken and cheese slices are all processed and contain extra's that aren't nutritious.

I have this plate which is actually slightly smaller than a side plate, as you only use the inside but it might give you an idea of what I mean and also an indication of what to have :D
I agree mostly hun, but I didn't say chicken is a processed meat, cos, well its not, I just wanted to clear that up, sausages definitely are. x

@Sarnie, I didn't say chicken was processed. I did however say that sausages, cheese and chicken 'slices' are!
Sorry I read it in a different way lol x

Back