• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jinja's daily food diary

Jinjanut

I am 3 months post op

Thursday

Breakfast - 3 teaspoons of plain cottage cheese

Lunch - 1/2 low calorie protein bar

Dinner - 5 pieces of salmon sashimi, small bowl of edamame beans

Snacks - 1/2 low calorie protein bar

500ml vitamin water
500ml bottled water
4 glasses of water

Just getting used to eating and keeping food down!

Hi jinja, just some quick feedback, you're not eating enough. I know you've been through a lot and are just getting used to eating but you need to try and eat more to sustain your body. Aim for 3 balanced meals and 3 protein based snacks per day. The meals should be 1/2 protein, 1/4 veg/salad and 1/4 complex carbs, and the snacks protein based. Using protein bars as meal replacements isn't ideal, they aren't designed for that. Try the shakes instead (you can order sample sizes from myprotein.com) and just have 1 or 2 per day as snacks.

If your limit is just 2 tsp of cottage cheese then you might need another stretch aswell, as that is tiny. The average pouch holds 5-9 oz of cottage cheese.

Hope that helps x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks Shel. I had the protein bar yesterday because I was out at interviews all day so it was for ease really. I will try and have 3 meals today but I do find I get full very quickly. I think I am also worried about eating too much? How are you doing now? Things getting any better? x

What's the fear linked to with eating too much? Is it being sick, in pain, stretching your pouch, or not losing weight?

I think it is not losing weight. I am trying to eat more. Some food like eggs, chicken and bread are still making me sick. But u can eat fish and veggies so have been upping my portion sizes and trying to get small meals in.

Try putting your daily intake into a site like myfitnesspal or food focus so you can see how many calories you are taking in. You should be aiming for 1000-1200, and you know that any less than 2000 and you will lose weight. Any less than 900 and your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to everything it can, which will make it harder and harder to lose weight.

Thanks I will definately try that. I know I need to get more food in. I have been looking for a new contract so in between interviews at the moment. Also I hardly ever feel hungry at the moment! xx

Back