• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can't believe what I have just done!

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
So here I am post op on the liquid diet, and the smell of bbq's all day smelt so good, so I decided to fire ours up.

There I was cooking sausages, chops and chicken breast, dished it up, and then went and got myself a yogurt out of the fridge and sat with the family while they tucked into the bbq food.

And the best thing about it was, that I wasn't even bothered about the food, although I couldn't eat a whole yogurt, how bizarre, before I would of had 2 or 3 chops, a few sausages and chicken, and probably go back for seconds lol

WOW! I would find that so tough PG... well done x

Wow well done you. I must admit even on this pre-op diet I'm not hungry and my head hungr can see temptation and I can ignore it and walk away shopping alone this weekend I brought things good for post-op not tempted by the usual things. Long may these last for us both.

I have found that the saying "mind over matter" does actually work! I haven't looked at a Krispy Kremes donut the same way as I used to!

It is quite a weird feeling....having control, never done that before! Xx

:)Great news-well done PG:)

Well done you!

It still amazes me now that I'm newly post op, when I think back to the portion sizes I used to have. I'd have scoffed a couple of burgers, some sausages and tons of potato salad at barbecues in the past. Now the thought of that absolutely repulses me.
I see adverts for takeaway food like pizzas (of which i would have eaten 2 if they were buy one get one free) and I don't want them at all. There was an ad last night for the stuffed crust one and I just thought ''yuck, look at all that stodgy fat''. Half a yoghurt fills me right up now. In fact I have to make myself eat because I'm not at all hungry in this heat.
I never ever beleived I would feel this way about food. It's like being released from a prison. :)

i LOVE the smell of BBQ's

Wow well done, its amazing how your brain changes, early on, unfortunately for me now I have healed it is harder to resist, but then again I am glad I can just about eat anything but in smaller portions, so I dont feel like I am missing out on anything.

Glad you are doing so well x

My problem is that although I no that I wouldn't enjoy the food and it would make me ill, I still find myself occasionally wanting it.:sigh:

You will always want it, unfortunately the surgery doesnt change the way your brain works lol

You are so brave, we're having a BBQ on Sunday for my son's 15th birthday and I am dreading it, because I have vowed not to drink alcohol until Xmas to give the first 6 months a fighting chance and my family are very heavy drinkers (Irish) and I used to be too, I don't know whether I'll more bothered about the not eating the food or not drinking LOL, Karen x

I'm having my first band fill on 23rd July and my friend and neighbour has invited us to her birthday BBQ on the same evening!

After the fill I believe it's soup and smoothies for three days so that's what I would call crap timing! Can't really make burger and sausage smoothies!

Hey ho.... It will be so worth it in the end!

Xx

It must feel good to be in control like that, we had a BBQ Sunday and although I'm currently doing Weight Watchers I couldn't tell you the amount of points I ate that day :d'oh:

You are doing really well

Back