• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks po op help ???

helen2254

hi everyone

i am 2 weeks 2 days post op gastric bypass.
for first two weeks i only had soup , smooties and yoghurt, today was first day i have tiny bit mash and pureed veg went down fine. had egg mayo for tea that also went down well.
im bit stuck what to have for snacks or what else i should eat any suggestions would be great.
i also think i should be eating 6-8 small meals day i only been havin 3 meals as im not hungry will this affect my weight lose
im very confused about everything could someone please help

Hello Helen, I'm still on a similar stage to you. From reading different threads on here for snacks I've found those dairylea triangles, mini muller rice puddings and little star yoghurts go down well. I've found the mini pots of milky things have been just enough to eat without overloading my new stomach. I've also worried about how little I want to eat and there's no way I'm up to the recommended amounts of protein. But from what I've gathered from other folk everyone is different. The people on the forum are great so I'm sure you will get some other ideas to try. Good luck!

ah thanks for getting back to me , im so confused with whole thing i will def try dairy lea triangles love them , im worried that im not eating enough and wil not loose much?

hi im only 5 days post op and i never feel hungry i stick to the liquid diet just to give my body some intake but to be honest i dont even think about eating but i feel fantastic at the same time and yes i feel full after a few spoons of soup lol

I am 11 days post op and given ok to move onto puree on monday. I made a lean corned beef hash with tinned toms in and little mash and liquidised that. Quite tasty and high in protein! Plus one tin of lean corned beef, 3/4 tin toms and 1 portoin of msh made LOADS! Have had it for last 3days and frozen some and still some left in fridge...it handy for work! I put some in a baby food pot and it perfect size!!!

Like you I'm only managing to eat 3, maybe 4 at a push, time a day! Hosp said not to worry though as if you force it you can cause leaks so only eat what you can, you'll know when you can handle more.

mini baby bel lights, prawns to nibble on, a few nuts

Back