• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i full ??

hesh

Hya im 2 weeks post op and i have been on pureed food since the day after my op, my dietician told me that i should only eat 2 tablespoons of food 4-6 times a day, i never feel hungry or full am i suppose to eat till am full ??

just eat what they have advised you to eat... i am only now at week 7 starting to feel if i have eaten enough... when your o pureed it is very hard to tell as it all goes through very quick xx im sure someone with more experience will be along soon x

im sure ive read that eating till your full every time will eventually stretch your stomach?

as long as your not hungry i would be happy.

weve all eaten until we feel full...its just remembering that feeling isnt it..

Yeah i think im just remembering how i used to feel when i had a massive dinner and tht full feeling i think i was expecting that x

yeah when yourve eaten loads and your belly is full and you wanna kip lol.... our full feeling now i think s a lo different... im still on soft foods.. but i guess the fuller feeling we have will be easier to feel as we progress xx

im glad ill never know that...im so full i could be sick feeling.... again

mainly after a chinese buffet lol

My surgeon made such a big deal of telling me not to have a single spoonful past when I felt full. I tend to feel a little pain when I've had enough, and instead of waiting till the pain goes and then having some more, I stop there. Works for me!

The reason we have to measure our portions is because until our pouches are healed (at about 12 weeks) the nerves don't work so we won't feel full, which could make our pouches stretch.

i was putting on my plate exactly what its said on my guidlines.... then i got a bollocking from a horrible biarric nurse... and since then im cooking only what i eat.. few spoonfulls etc... im seeing the dietician next week.. hopefully she will be nicer

Hi hesh
I thought everyone was on liquids for 2 weeks following surgery. Puree for me was week 3-4. Cant believe how eveyones post op diet differs. As for feeling full im a sleever so its different for me. You sound as though your following the plan and your not feeling hungry so keep on with it.
Kim

Back