• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 years post op

wombat

Hi all!!

Haven't been on here for absolutely ages!
Had my bypass over 2 years ago, managed to loose all the extra weight.

2 years post op I feel great and am finally ready to loose the last 10 kilos left.

The whole situation with food:

I can eat all foods and in more or less regular portions.

Still can't have sweets - dumping syndrome is much much better than in the beginning, but still quite bad.

Keeping weight off is not as easy as I thought it would have been. At this stage, I have to work on it myself (basically, if I eat too much of the wrong foods - weight comes back on). On the whole, I have put on 3 points worth of BMI in the last 6 months and now I am ready to get rid of them.

Have absolutely NO regrets since my op. Was the best decision in my life I have ever made (even though, in the beginning it was tough.)

Big kiss to all!

AND!!! I forgot to say!!!

After time you forget what other people, not necessary the ones you know, did for you to support you on this journey.
It is easy. And it is human.

But, I don't want to.

MASSIVE THANKS, TO ALL THE EX MEMBERS, CURRENT MEMBERS AND FUTURE MEMBERS of this forum.
THANK you from all my heart!

And, the best of luck to those, who are just at the beginning of this.

Hi there,

I remember you from way back,I had my bypass 10th sept 2010....I always wondered how some of the people back then are now.
I've just seen your pictures and my god you don't look the same person!
I've got 2 stones to shift and I'm determind to do it.
Well done you x

Hi Wombat, Great to hea from you.Well done on your weight loss . The regain is a shock ain't it. I've had to battle the last few weeks as my will power seems to have done a runner. I can't eat anything like a full sized meal but can, sadly, eat chocoalte, cake and bisuits. Obviously just because I can doesn't mean I should but I'm struggling big time !
There are a few ot us who are a long time out that still come on here regulalry for support and to chat so I hope to see you here now and again xx

Thank you :)

Theoretically I don't.

BUT, I really want to get on the lower scale of the BMI. And, I have recently put on 5 KGS, so definitely want to get rid of those.

Back