• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd Class Citizen So upset

I am in tears, I have been in hospital, with pneumonia I feel awful wheezy, achy, cold but sweats etc. I am wheezing like some pervert making a dirty phone call.
I rang today to check up on the eating disorder appt at St Anns in tottenham London. They got the referal in sept but have given me an appt for APRIL 2013 when I queried it was told that was the soonest as the dr would be away in dec etc.

I rang the whittington to speak to someone ,was told there was no other option. I have to wait because as a bariatric patiet I can wait 7 MONTHS for an initial appt as the normal NHS rules do not apply.
Just to twist the knife even more I was told I missed an appt on fri 26/10 I thought appt was this wed 31/10. She said that dept had discharged me because I failed 1 appt, but she would sort it out, she asked name of hospital I was in this weekend UCH.

She was nice in the end as I broke down in tears and she said I would not get better if I was stressing and upset.

I feel like screaming what more can I do. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
poor you. sending a hug xx

aww hun ss I just wanted to send you a HUG too xxx

Thank you both, I really need them. Cyber hugs is all I am getting no one wants to get too close, incase they get my germs.

Does 't help that I live alone, but a good friend and my dad have been down today, with food and drink parcels, don't know how long dad thought 2 small bottles of lucozade would last (it took 2 1/2 hours to drink them) when I spoke to him later and told him it was gone he asked had I left my front door open again and let the bottles run out the door. He thinks hes funny and he is.

When I was taken to hospital saturday I left my front door openand it stayed like that for about 15 hours until a friend who lives up the road came down and closed it, nothing missing not bad for dodgy camden.

Hi Your not a second class citizen. The waiting game messes with your head - I go from one extreme of wanting surgery to then questionning if I am doing the right thing. I will have had nearly a 2 year wait when I get my surgery. But then a lifetime will begin.
Its awful outside so a good excuse to stay in, wrap up warm and watch a soppy movie. Dose yourself up my dear and do a Tesco online shop.
I keep inspired by through this forum as you hear when people are getting surgery, then earing their stories 6 months post op. Its amazing. The time will fly by and then it will be countdown, thats what I am on now. Chun up!!!!

I am so sorry for you , it's horrible when you feel really ill and then something happens when you were looking forward to good news, i don't really know but can't your doctor intervene with the appt timescale of things it's a very long wait :( and unfortunately any appt we miss now it's classed as cancellation they want to fit more people in and tar us all with the same brush timewasters gggrrr but at least you phoned them to explain about the missed appt and surely they can't hold being in hospital against you xx take care and keep us updated :)

Got home 3 hours ago another night spent in a&e, I was bring up blood when i coughed. Hospital VERY busy did not see a dr until 4am as temp was down and bp fine, I was brought by ambulance and put straight in a bed. When dr saw me x ray 5mins later then told by nurse we are keeping you here as no beds upstairs. So admitted into hospital spent night on a trolly and discharged at 10am as I am improving and the blood thing is normal in the healing process.
Dr showed me xrays 3/4 of left lung is infected, He said I have a very impressive pneumonia and now seen it for myself.

Back