• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2nd fill, how long on liquids?

mells

I had my 2nd fill yesterday so I now have 4ml in a 10ml band. My hospital say I now have to do 2 weeks liquids and 2 weeks purees!

My main problem with this is that I take a medication that comes in capsule form it cannot be opened or crushed, so I just cant take it at the moment and within a few days of not taking it I will feel dreadful.

So what do you reckon shall I just take it, or is it best to wait until I try some food so that I know that goes down OK? I cant get this medication in any other form and as its a capsule I'm scared its just going to sit there.

I know other hospitals dont insist on so long on liquids (even the same Consultant when you pay for the OP).

In Sheffield, the same rules apply for a refill as if it was a freshly installed band. I can't give advice on the medication though I'm afraid. Just follow the diet that you've been given :)

That's a bit excessive for after a fill....are you sure you got that right?

Mine is liquids for 24 hours and then back to normal but take it slowly.

I know some that have 3 days liquids, 3 days soft, then back to normal but 4 weeks in total again?

Please call them and explain the tablets, you cannot just stop taking them.

thats very extreme, after all my fills it was only liquids the same day then back to solids the day after, i agree with Caz explain about the meds xxx

Last edited:
Long time to be on liquids ,I was told 2 days liquids , 2 days slops and then back to normal healthy eating. Just goes to show how different providers are.

That's a bit excessive for after a fill....are you sure you got that right?

Mine is liquids for 24 hours and then back to normal but take it slowly.

I know some that have 3 days liquids, 3 days soft, then back to normal but 4 weeks in total again?

Please call them and explain the tablets, you cannot just stop taking them.

I called them yep 2 weeks liquids 2 weeks puree, but she said I could take just that 1 tablet whole on Friday. Well I took it yesterday because I feel dreadful. It went down fine.

Blimey that does sound a long time xx

Had my 1st fill today. Went Ok, better than expected!

I was told 3 days liquids and 3 days, soft foods, then start on a little crunchy foods on 7th day. (do you think they meant I should eat a crunchie bar - yum yum!)

Seriously I don`t understand why they can`t have a standard for band fills, both pre-op and after as well as after fills. Why all the mystery?

Love Kat x

It's not just bands that have different rules. Bypassers are told different things post op by different providers too.......

Consistency is the only thing that is consistently missing across the country :) xx

I had a 10 inch band, they emptied band of what was left in from op. Then put in 7.5ml in today.

Strange watching that liquid that I had to drink go through my system on the x-ray.

How did yours go Julie, or is yours tomorrow hun?

Well said Julie pm,, could`nt have put it better myself!

Mine is tomorrow Kat, Just hope it goes well as last time my port had flipped, even though its been stitched into place ( had to have my port resighted) , I just want things to go swimmingly, I dont have hardly any restriction atm so I am also hoping I havent sprunk a leak .... tyvm for your reply xx

I had a 10 inch band, they emptied band of what was left in from op. Then put in 7.5ml in today.

Strange watching that liquid that I had to drink go through my system on the x-ray.

How did yours go Julie, or is yours tomorrow hun?

Well said Julie pm,, could`nt have put it better myself!

Things vary so much, my surgeon apparently doesnt put any in when he does the band OP. Then I think I was about 9 weeks post OP and had a 2ml fill (in a 10ml band), then I had 2nd fill of 2ml last week, 5 months post op.

Back