• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had my band - it hurts like hell

Duchess_wobbles

I had it on thursday at noon - I got home yesterday in agony at 5pm. The pain is unbearable.

I am facing 2 unexpected problems - I never knew i would hurt so much and my cordinator had told me I would be on liquids - fair enough. but noone told me all of my many current medications would now have to be in liquid form.

So apart from the fact that some cant be put into liquid form - so i may have to stop them, I have a very sensitive gag reflex and am finding it so hard to take the soluable medicine.

Im in bloody agony, and I hate my medication - i have a lot of medication to take everyday - they havent given me anything for the pain as I already get tramadol for something else.

I swear last night i cried and cried and wanted it all back out.

i know exactly how u feel hun. All my meds are soluable and they make me feel sick. My anti-depressants have to be crushed and they have the most vile taste.

The pain of the op will get better, give it a week or so.
big hugs to u xx

hi dutches, sorry to hear your in pain take your tramadol as it will help. try and do a bit walking as most of the pain will be wind and walking will help to relieve it, try a little gripe water also, each day will get better, i promise.

liz x

I had mine 1 week 2 days ago one point thought i was about to pop off .First 4 days for me were worst so hopefully you will feel better soon.YOU Must keep taking the gripe water or mint tea it does work and helps alot.Hope you feel better soon.

i am taking chewable windeze on advice from my cordinator - i cant get the wind out at all. and peppermint cordial.

i am taking chewable windeze on advice from my cordinator - i cant get the wind out at all. and peppermint cordial.

this will help yes, but activity is better for pain recovery and moving the wind, potter about the house walking is the best thing and makes recovery so much more quicker as just sitting will make you feel worse.

liz x

Duchess you're only 2 days post op so you need to give it time.As others have said movement is the best way to get rid of that awful wind I keep hearing about lol. I'm having mine on friday and going jogging on saturday lol. No, joking aside get your hubby to rub your back as this may help. Hope you feel better soon and big hugs to you.
xxxxGaynorxxxx

Hi
sorry to hear that. I am a week post bypass - as soon as I could I walked and walked the wind soon went , I too cannot take tablets I throw them back up and the soluble make me gag too much - I am mixing liquid pain killers in juice and drinking it , I mix my crushable meds into a spoonful of yoghurt and empty my capsules into yoghurt too - Stick with it very early days hope fell better soon xx

All good advice from the above - it is early for you sweetheart but it's true about keep moving to get rid of the wind and take each day as it comes once that bad day is over you will not have to go through it again - each day is new and soon you will start to feel so much better take care x

crap - i wish it would be over.

The problem is im in so much pain that when i walk i have to hold my belly. So walking is not easy.

can the wind be up in my chest and around my back? Is this sharp pain wind???

can the wind be up in my chest and around my back? Is this sharp pain wind???

yes its wind thats why movement helps to make it go away, as gaynor says have a look at mrs cakey buns xrays you can clearly see the wind, this happens as they blow us up like a balloon during surgery to get the instruments in.

Moving definitely helps with the wind. It is also crucial to move about regularly to avoid blood clotting.

I'm not sure whether you have had lap or open surgery? If you have had open it is also important to walk as tall as possible to avoid the scar knitting too tight. I found I was supporting my 'apron' with my hands in the early days to avoid the pain of it dragging down.

It is early days hun, it will get better. Do just one day at a time.

my only advice is keep moving as everyone has said it really does help. i took all my meds in tablet form post op any that were huge for fist week i crushed and had in a spoon of runny yogurt but the rest took normally , plus your already half way thru your liquid stage so after a week when you move to mushie [provided your on same time scale i was] your be able to take them fine

Hi Duchess sorry you are feeling so miserable the others have given you all the best advice they could movement to reduce wind pain and blood clots, peppermint in whatever form for the pain and just perseverence with the meds.
I know its probably not what you want to hear but once the wind disperses you will feel heaps better
Hold your tummy if it hurts when you walk thats fine just try and keep as active as possible it will be worth it in the long run
Big hugs

Love nhugs Jay xx

yep trapped wind hurts all over your back my shoulder blades in particular - it was worse after my c section try cuddling a pillow as you walk and try not to stoop over cos then your back starts playing up xxx

today I still have wind but Im functionable much more - it hurts less

glad to hear you are a bit better today, trapped wind is awful thats something i am not looking forward to :( but keep going with your tramadol, i also take it as a pain killer already and as you know it can have its uses! take care hun x

Back