• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much in for 2nd fill??

bexxx1978

Morining! Happy New Year!
Quick question.....How much have u all had in your band after your 2nd fill please??
My 1st fill did absolutely nothing and i have put on 4lb in a week! I have no will power as my 1st fill came after the christmas break so was 3 weeks late! I know it will work in the long run but i'm really frustrated which is makeing me soooo grumpy which is the of course.....Making me eat :cry:

I had 2ml and boy was that tough going, a real wake up call! But I think that's more than they normally do. It took 3wks before I could eat solids without discomfort and then I struggled at even half a tea plate...but slowly it's settled n I'm back today for fill no.3!!! X

I had 2ml and boy was that tough going, a real wake up call! But I think that's more than they normally do. It took 3wks before I could eat solids without discomfort and then I struggled at even half a tea plate...but slowly it's settled n I'm back today for fill no.3!!! X
Thanks Jo! I am so down but today will be the day to turn it around lol!
Can I ask.....
Did u have any fill in when u had ur band and how much did u have for ur first fill?
Question questions questions!
I would love to be able to say I cant eat solids lol
x

Hi, I'm sorry your struggling, it does take a while to really feel it.
I have a 10ml band (4ml in to start). My first fill was 1ml, second fill was 1ml, and then fills after that have been half ml. I now have 7.7mls in which is okay. Bands are so weird, some days I can't feel any restriction and other days it feels tight, Yesterday was one of those days when I could eat more....and I did!!

I think you need to bear with a full after its done too. After my 3rd making it 7ml I thought it was too tight after a day or so and had some taken out but now feel as if I have hardly any restriction so have had to phone them for another fill a few months later. It's a good job they are unlimited for the first 2 years.

Thanks for words of wisdom i really need them at the mo! I have been and had 1.75ml in so i am now at 5.75ml in a 10ml band.
I have had my soup for lunch and a drink and feel fine so its not too tight!
I think i iwll prob need another in a acouple of weeks.
Its the motivation I am lacking and really after paying £5k you would think the motivation would be there without trying!
I really think it was the xmas break that put a downer on things but here goes! New year, new fill and newly motivated me!!!
I will join the Sat weigh in this week and if i'm not there someone give me a dig please and remind me lol!!!!
All choccies and crappy food are done in our house! Never to return!
Good luck all and good luck me!!!!!
xx

Hello There

I had 3 mils in first fill, 1.4mils in 2nd fill,0.2 mil in 3rd and the 4th I had 0.4 mils - I have 5 mils in a 7mil band I have fantastic restriction, have gone from 17st 2lbs to 9st 7lbs and have not needed a fill for 10 months, give it time , your still very early out of your journey, wishing you all the best - MeJulie xx

I didn't have any in at operation but then had 5ml, 2ml and today had 0.5ml in. Easy does it, we all want to rush the weight loss but we can't lose what's taken us a lifetime to create in say a month :) chin up..,!! X

Sorry if this is a stupid question...but how do they decide how many mls to put in. I already had 3mls put in by my surgeon then I had 3 mls put in on Saturday which was my first fill. It seems to be a lot more mls than what some people have had in their first fill?! Sorry, just a tad confused...Still on liquid stage for another day and I'm absolutely starving, sick of soups lol!

I went from nothing to 5ml in one go..,they decide based on what you tell them,how you're coping etc. don't get hung up on others as everyone's different and you will soon know what's right for you x

Yes Jo is right, it depends on what you said to them and how you are coping but also changes from dietitian to nurse. My dietitian wanted me to have two ml and the nurse only put one in. I think I needed two mls so looking for 2 mls at my fill on saturday. THen Jo you better watch it I will chase and kick you bumb at the scales!!!! (don't mean it really :)) xxx

Come on chick..come catch me :) x

Back