• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 days post op

LuLuXo

Hi everyone, Im three days post op and luckily have had very little pain, been managing to have watered down low fat custard, soup and healthier weight milkshakes and so on, so eating hasnt really been hard for me but this morning when i woke up, although i wasnt in any pain i felt absolutely depleted of any energy! is this normal? when i woke up i just lay there for like an hour feeling tired and when i finally stood up i felt a bit light headed. had a milkshake and feel a bit better now... i think im just worrying about nothing. I'm very pleased ive had it done but i keep worrying about succeeding and have a fear of failing this which im sure i wont do so i dont know why im worried. AAHHH sorry for ranty/pointless post, but would be helpful to know if anyone else felt like this after they had been banded! x:confused:

Yes its all normal, so don't worry.

The anesthetic can make you weary. Take deep breaths and move around slowly. Also theres the drop in calories - bound to make you feel a bit weak.

Take care x

Thanks a lot, feeling way better now- think i just needed to hear this was normal! :D xx

I felt exactly the same. Questioned myself why I had paid to put myself through it. I suffered with wind pain. I am 8 weeks post op and feel as normal as ever. Wouldn't even know I had a band until I try to eat too fast, then I know about it !!!!

I am a childminder and was working after 6 days, you will hopefully be fighting fit soon. Even though I had read this site and knew what was coming next, I was still a bit upset.

Good luck on the rest of your journey

As I said in my text, absolutely completely normal (havent been able to text back cos works been manic, but I can sneak on here LMAO), its surgery recovery and the fact that you're on reduced calories, always feel able to add protein milk powder to your shakes etc if you feel you need some more cals or energy at this point too! Or even make coffee with full fat milk during these early days.

I know I felt as you did, but I had to come off the dairy as it had bloated me, so was on clear liquids of squash and tea, I was only hitting around 300 cals max during the first 7 days or so . . .it is bound to have that effect.

Rest, take it easy, and its normal :)

And you know too, that fear of failing is something you aren't alone with either!

Kat x

Thanks guys! I love this site so much, such great support. I think it's just like this massive shift of what I think about and do anymore as I can't eat alongside the op. feeling way better now- making some beef and veg soup that I'm going to blend. Sorry to be rank lol but I haven't been to the toilet since Friday... Normal? I had some veg juice to try and persuade my bowels yesterday but still nothing lol xx

yes thats normal too . . .head to the chemist for some Senokot or dulcoease (the latter is what I used and they are tiny little tablets and found them quite gentle, but work well :) ) water will help, prune juice may too . . .

Back