• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 days post op... pain

tianna70

Well I am 4 days post op and don't know if this pain is normal, my friend had a bypass and was up and about within 3 days like nothing had happened.
me on the other hand feels like my left side has been kicked by a mule, I feel like I have a corset on and have bad stitch, is this normal?
also I have been told to be on fluids for 2 weeks geee and to top it off I haven't been to no 2's yet.... please advice needed.

Hi we are all different and all heal in our own way, i felt really bad for weeks. i didn't get dressed for over a week i lived in my pjs. but things do get better just don't rush it, i do hope you feel better soon.xx

i had a bit of pain, i couldnt lie on my left side and found it hard to get comfy, for the first week i also didnt get dressed as i couldnt stand the pain when i put my bra on, but i didnt last to long xx

It took me 2 weeks to feel normal, but I've known people be up and about in days, so everyone differs. The stitch pain in your side is quite a common complaint as well.
As for toilet time, I ended up taking lactulose to help me along. Hth xx

I am 6 days post op now and returned to work today managed with a bit of a struggle. I still have really bad pain in my left shoulder since the op which is driving me nutty and back/side ache (I mean back and side!!). I am sure it will all get better in time, stay strong xx

Well No. 2's now sorted. gas pain now gone, still a tad sore at port area but feeling much better. Just keep getting like a ball feeling in the top part of my chest like i need to burp but can't...
Thanks all for you comforting words.... and hope all goes well for you majella.

just keep taking pain relief, you will be grand in a day or two, good luck on your recovery xx

Back