• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 days to go..........

67jax

OMG only 3 days to go, I have thought about this for so long and never thought it would be a reality. My husband and everyone initially tried to talk me out of it but when my minds made up.........now they are all being really supportive .........just goes to show that if you really want something you can make it a reality.
I have followed the pre op diet exactly and seen a good weight loss. I've asked myself why it is I need an operation to make me do this, if I just keep doing what I've done the last couple of weeks I could lose it and save myself 5 grand! But I know I have the willpower for a couple of weeks and then it usually goes so know that I need this to keep losing and become me again.
The support from everyone on this site is just brilliant, I've learned so much more than the books have ever told me. So here we go last three days ..................

Good luck to you! I hope that all will go well. I had those same thoughts too, when I was weighed just before my surgery and the nurse said I'd lost 17lbs pre-op, I thought if only I could do that myself . . .but I know in the long term that I can't. I know I've been on diets and I've lost 5-6 stone but the weight has always gone back on and some. When we get the loss it is harder to see into the longer term (or reflect back on history), and while I think I've had to spend over £7k on my surgery, it has I hope been worth it, I have the tool to help me lose the weight, but am very aware that it isn't going to do it on its own.

woohoo! good luck :) xxx

Good luck and stay strong its great when you prove them all wrong, you go girl, we are here to supoport you, my hubby was just tha same and some friends and family, but i knew it was my 1 chance and took it, after the op the ones who were sceptical have been a great source of help and comfort to me think they were just fearful for me, but i did it and am 1 year post now, so you go for it girl xx

Scales read 16 lbs down this morning..........with 2 days to go......wooooooo hooooooo.

Well done Jax you have done brilliant x I no five grands a lot of money but in reality it's not if yr anything like me I have been paying weight watcher for 22 years lost a few stone here an there but have graind more than I have lost to date they must have well had more than 5 grand off me over the yrs then 5 grand is worth it to no this is going to work an no more weight gain providing were sensible as they say it's only an aid to help you I for one don't want to go back to they way I ate I comfort ate because I hate the way I look then felt alot worse about myself after I ate. So my little banding buddy I'm sure WE have made the right decision I will see you on Tuesday an I'm sure we can get through this together an with our lovely new group of friends we have found on here x x x

spikeykaren said:
Well done Jax you have done brilliant x I no five grands a lot of money but in reality it's not if yr anything like me I have been paying weight watcher for 22 years lost a few stone here an there but have graind more than I have lost to date they must have well had more than 5 grand off me over the yrs then 5 grand is worth it to no this is going to work an no more weight gain providing were sensible as they say it's only an aid to help you I for one don't want to go back to they way I ate I comfort ate because I hate the way I look then felt alot worse about myself after I ate. So my little banding buddy I'm sure WE have made the right decision I will see you on Tuesday an I'm sure we can get through this together an with our lovely new group of friends we have found on here x x x

I'm sure I have spent more than 5k over the years on all my diets. Lighterlife alone was £70 a week and I must have done at least 20 weeks of that on and off over the last 5 years!! Add to that £600 on hypnosis £150 on NLP, years of SW membership and more recently WW, last purchase was Paul Mckennas hypnosis video's. Then there's the books........Dukan, Atkins.............OMG I could go on............yes this is £5k well spent I think.
One thing I think is I have always wanted to get the weight off and I have never stopped trying, maybe this time I can really do it.

Tuesday's so close now I can smell it. Gonna do all my ironing today so I've got a good supply of tent blouses to wear over the next couple of weeks. They will be going to charity shop when they are too big, Waa hoo :) hubby's out at superbikes all day tomorrow so will have a day to myself to pack and contemplate Tuesday. I so hope I get to see you and Wobbly. Got both your mobile no's so we can communicate at some stage and find out what rooms we are in. It's so lovely that we can share our journey together xxxx

I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel still feeling very calm about Tuesday tho I'm also thinking should I tell my family an friends I'm having it done now or shall I wait till I have done it not like they can get me to change my mind now is it lol mmmm decisions decisions. Will have my phone on me Tuesday so we can txt each other we can go walk abouts a hr or 2 after the op so I will come an find you an if you have gone down il come back a hr or 2 after that :) I'm getting excited now no nerves at the moment x x x

OMG only 3 days to go, I have thought about this for so long and never thought it would be a reality. My husband and everyone initially tried to talk me out of it but when my minds made up.........now they are all being really supportive .........just goes to show that if you really want something you can make it a reality.
I have followed the pre op diet exactly and seen a good weight loss. I've asked myself why it is I need an operation to make me do this, if I just keep doing what I've done the last couple of weeks I could lose it and save myself 5 grand! But I know I have the willpower for a couple of weeks and then it usually goes so know that I need this to keep losing and become me again.
The support from everyone on this site is just brilliant, I've learned so much more than the books have ever told me. So here we go last three days ..................
Good luck with the surgery, and I had same thoughts Pre operatively - the thing is it was a pipedream really, I needed a gastric band soooo badly - 3 weeks post surgery and I only regret not doing this much earlier. Tracey xxx

Good Luck xx

Back