• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 month blood test

daisy2002

I was told to see my GP for a blood test at 3,6 and 12 months post op.

I am currently 8 weeks post op & wondering if it'd be ok to have it done earlier or should i wait until 12 weeks?

I am really struggling with tiredness. I get about 7-8 hours sleep at night but within 2 hours of waking up i feel so exhausted.
I do have an underactive thyroid but it was checked just before my op and it was within the normal range.
I'm due to start a new job in 2 weeks and i'm worried about how i'm going to cope when i'm so exhausted.

Were you checked for sleep apnoea pre op ? That'd how I used to be x

No i've not been tested for that.

Its horrible feeling so drained and tired all day.

Do you have a partner ? Ask if you snore badly , my kids said I sounded like I was choking myself . I would get up 4 or 5 times a night for a wee & often once I had taken kids to school I would sit down with a cuppa & wake up a couple of hrs later .
If any of this rings bells , ask your GP to test you xx

I'm only 10 weeks post op , but I have a good chance of it going , my GP is going to re test me in another couple of stone

I struggled with tiredness for about 10 weeks after my bypass.:sigh:
Hopefully it will pass soon... Then you will be exhausted from all the extra running around you can do.:D

Dies the sleep apnoea get better post op ?

Mine went quite quickly post op, how quick depends on your size and how much you need to loose and also your neck size, my neck was 18 inches plus, I am now down over 4 stone and my neck is 17 inches and all signs of OSA is gone.

Paul

Back