• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

B12 Jabs

Mrs Quiggle

How did you know that you probably needed one other than via a blood test.

I've been feeling exhausted now for a while and can't keep my eyes open. I could sleep anywhere right now even after 8 hours sleep at night. I'm taking my iron and vitamins and eating a good diet so not too worried there.

I've booked the next available app. at the Dr's for the the 17th Sept. to ask for a blood test then if she agrees to doing one I will have to go and have it and then get another app. which will probably take another 3 weeks so in all I'm looking at about another 2 months before I might get a jab. Not looking forward to any of it to be honest with you as I have a real thing about injections.

Just wondered how you feel before you are due for one.

Kate x

No sure about b12 but I was feeling like that some time ago. Blood test results showed low vitiman D (as for a lot of brits due to no sun!) I take supplements and now I'm all better!! Good luck with the doctors xxx

It could also be Iron - blood tests should show any problems hun

I've been feeling the same for the last week or so, I wake up exhausted. Usually have to go back to bed 2/3 hours after I get up, and then have no problems sleeping another 4/5 hours, and then sleeping at night too. No one has mentioned B12 injections to me, but I did go back to see the dr yesterday, and am going for blood tests tomorrow so hopefully that so something. I was supposed to be going back to work on Monday, fortunately he has extended my sick note. Glad I am not the only one feeling like this.
X

My doc said if you're b12 deficient you will look as though you're anaemic. He checked my eyes, don't know what for though.

If you are anaemic, you won't see any (or very few) red veins in your eyes. I've been anaemic for years, I think that's what's causing my tiredness.
Xxx

When i've had anaemia before I have had to have iron injections, is that what b12 is?? And is there not B12 in the forceval capsules ?

B12 is a seperate vitamin - lack of b12 in the system will always cause anaemia. However, post op bypassers do not absorb b12 very well because some of the large intestine is bypassed and so we have to have shots to top up as we can't absorb it orally.

Ooooohhhh very informative as always Yvessa, thank you.
X

I was at Luton and had my first B12 injection before I left. I have to book into the surgery every 12 weeks for another. My next hospital visit is to have a load of blood tests.
I think you do become very tired if you are lacking in it
x

Back