• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Little Update...

farzu

OK, so i had another pre-op today only for the blood pressure. Got up at 7am, went to the hospital at 9am appointment was at 9:30am. first blood pressure taken was 165/101. nurse told me it was too high and to wait for 2 hours and try again. OK so the second time it was 145/96 and still high. had to wait for another 2 hours but still the same result 'TOO HIGH' . come on..... Now hurry up. it's so boring waiting in the hospital lol. In the mean time my blood sugar was monitored. I tested at home and it was 11.5. Nurse tested at the hospital, it was 14.5 and then again after few hours it was 12.5. So this is also very high. Nurse told me she needs to speak with the team about me and ask them what should be done. I waited and waited. It was around 2:30 when the nurse informed me my blood test results which i gave on 2nd march was missing and not on the system. She ran to the lab but didn't fing any result. I was so angry, that i felt like killing some one on the spot. what did they do with my 3 tubes of blood? did they go twilight with it or what? Grrrrr....

the nurse apologized and send me again for the blood test. Done that and came back to the surgical center and showed them the bandaid. To make sure that this time they use my blood for the purpose they took it for. She also said me to contact my GP and ask for a higher dose of my diabetic and blood pressure med. Called GP and they Asked for more blood. Just for the note, I already gave blood for GP on the 8th. Anyway, back to the nurse, she said the team won't be able to make ani decision about what to do with me until they see the blood test results. So she will call me on tuesday to make sure everything is going to be on schedule or tell me that my surgery has been cancelled for now.

Sooooooooooo Not Want that :(

Went to the GP to pick up the prescription, pick up the meds and came back home around 8pm. So it was a longggggggg day. Can't believe this is happening to me.... i don't want my surgery to be cancelled.

Another irritating prob is that my breath sucks....yukkkkk its horrible but can't do anything about it. Any one got any ideas?

Oh no I hope it all gets sorted out for u ASAP and ur still on track for ur surgery xxxx

Aaww Farzu!!! What a horrid day :( And to be left hanging in limbo is horrible :( Good luck xxx

On the breath front, mouthwash, breath spray and peppermint tea. Plus water neutralises the ketones smell a lot too xxx

Yo will get there i have never had blood pressure problems till the day of my pre op assessment it was very high n she told me if it was that high no surgeon would touch me she sent me for an ecg then told me to come back well it was just as bad the panick kicked in when i thought i wouldnt be able to have the op. I had to go to the docs 3 times each week for 2 weeks to get regular readings they were all over the place but always high the only time i got a low reding was whenit was done manually. the nurse said my veins were deep and that made my pulse faint to pick up and to ask at hospital for manual. When i went in to hosp. the nurse said there was no one trained to use a manual bp monitor only the electronic one it was still high but they never said anything else about it so try not to worry too much i spent the whole fortnight wondering if i would get my chance or not but i did and 7 months post op now good luck xx

Aw Hun hope they sort it all out for u n ur surgery goes ahead as planned xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Fingers crossed, and every think will be OK for you now Farzu. Keep your chin up

Thank you sooo much you all lovely friends. I was sooo upset yesterday, couldn't really think straight. I hope too that my surgery be on time. I started on my double dose meds last night and my blood.sugar was 9.5 this morning. So meds are working well and quick. Waiting to hear from the team about their decision now. I'm still positive.

Well done for staying positive its a long enough process without that last hurdle i know it was the same for me just wandered from day to day wondering what if stay strong all will be well am routing for you can offer you a prayer if you not offended by that, without prayer i wouldn't have been as brave as i was my op day i was as cool as a cucumber most days i am a nervous reck the dentist has me a bad stomach n feeln sick never mind hospital i have some lovely Christian friends who held me in prayer throughout my whole hospital experience. xx

Well done for staying positive its a long enough process without that last hurdle i know it was the same for me just wandered from day to day wondering what if stay strong all will be well am routing for you can offer you a prayer if you not offended by that, without prayer i wouldn't have been as brave as i was my op day i was as cool as a cucumber most days i am a nervous reck the dentist has me a bad stomach n feeln sick never mind hospital i have some lovely Christian friends who held me in prayer throughout my whole hospital experience. xx

Thanks Chrisa, I could definately use a prayer and all the support i can get. This pre-op things are real headache. This is the time when u realize that you won't be able to 'EAT' your fev foods any more. I tried to tell myself that i ahve eaten enough of these ans don't need any more, but its too hard to set my mind as my pouch is still the same. I hope it all will be ok when i have had the surgery as then i won't be able to eat if i wanted to.

oh good stuff hope every thing stays fine for you so you can have you op as you intended good luck i am sure verthing will be fine. xxxx

Good luck Farzu you'l be ok prayers will be with you I ahve agroup of friends including me that will hold you in prayer until after your op may God be with you, keep you calm relaxed and focussed on the job in hand. x

I couldn't wait any more and called the hospital. My surgery will ho ahead on 23rd march. Wooooohoooo. I started shivering after hearing that. The nurse told me to take my diabetes meds regularly. And gave me some tips for the big day. This is a totally new feeling. I dont know if i'm happy or sad. Hubby is being too nervous after hearing that. He is smoking like hell. We all knew i will have surgery but now its only 2 days left and i'm scared that my liver didn't shrink enough as i did't loose any weight till now. I'm going on total liquid diet from today. No more low carb diet for me.

Farzu, I am sure all will be fine and that the op will go well! Good luck

be brave n strong and you will be fine the nerves will go once your in there the docs n nurses will look after your every need they understand and explain everything write some questions down if you want to know anything special xx

Back