• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 months on...

Sophies_dad

well 3 months since I had my bypass and I am 5 stone lighter, now 19 stone and I see
to have stuck there for a while, hopefully my body will continue to burn the fat :) I seem to be going very pale, tired and cold throughout the day even though I'm on all the multi vits and iron the docs can throw at me, has anyone else get this? also I am getting sick of being sick, but it's all a learning curve haha look forward to some advice ... cheers steve

All part of the course, though i was never sick felt it a lot xx still pale , cold and get tired and take all my tablets. am 17months out now just tha same but not sicky feeling it does go away x

Great to see you back on the site Steve and pleased to hear of your progress but I hope the sickness goes soon. Take care and well done on your great weight loss :)

me too always pale and cold :( I get very weak dizzy and soooo tired I sometimes think I'm going senile forgetting names of things which I use everyday xxx hope you feel better soon take care and wrap up warm xx

Could your B12 levels be low? Are you due your B12 injection? I felt like this at 3 months, but was fine after my B12 jab :-(

due my b12 next month, got to go for a fasting blood test on the 1st feb so hopefully get to see what I am lacking

I think u may need B12 injections, my dad had a gastric bypass a year and a half ago and he still feels weak....and even looks yellow at times...I myself had it in November, taking my vitamins n calcium etc and feel fine, but maybe its early days for me....the only problem i seem to be having is when i try to eat anything from the soft stage menu, i bring up alot of mucus which doesn't settle down for 6-8 hours, which in turn doesn't let me eat or drink anything within this time frame. It can be very frustrating.....and draining.

Hope u get yourself sorted soon x

I describe it as egg white to my friends who have no clue what i'm talking about lol

Im sure once my stomach settles, all should be ok :)

I'm starting b12 jabs next week it's my first since op almost 14 months ago I go yellow and some days look so Ill and not anywhere near as healthy as I should after losing over 12 stone :( I can't wait to feel healthy and have some energy x

I'm starting b12 jabs next week it's my first since op almost 14 months ago I go yellow and some days look so Ill and not anywhere near as healthy as I should after losing over 12 stone :( I can't wait to feel healthy and have some energy x

Sorry to hear that Angie :(

Do your medical people have any idea why?

I seem to remember a couple of people who had the switch posting on the forum and having some trouble.....

I've had a lot of problems getting iron levels up been on ferrous sulphate 6 months have 4 adcal3 2 foceval and then my other pills for rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia :( 16 a day total x I don't have the same team who did my op now gravitas have fallen out with spire hospitals and no one on my new team does DS so I'm a bit concerned about my after care because we're supposed to have it for 2 yrs with them ? but will keep taking the pills and thankfully the jabs :) it's nothing as bad as scooter or sicknote and I will be fine :)

I'm 4 and a half months out and feel much better now than I did at 3 months!! I was sick A LOT but it's now down to about once a week, which is a vast improvement. I can now eat a much wider range of foods too. Hair is falling out, but I was expecting that. You will get there, just try to keep eating and get your protein and water in - and don't push textures if you aren't ready for them, I think that was my mistake!!

Lansaprazole stopped me having all the saliva. I get it when I am going to be sick though. It's unstoppable and yucky! Lol

Back