• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Six months today :)

zarafa

It's exactly 6 months today that I had my gastric bypass. I remember how scared I was going in in the morning, as I was convinced I wouldn't make it through :rolleyes:
I remember the pain in the first couple of days afterwards, and the steep rollercoaster of emotions. There have been a lot of times where I wished I hadn't done my operation - mainly when my head was stuck down the toilet after my pouch didn't tolerate something I ate.

BUT..I'm 6 months out today, and 104lb lighter. I'm fitting into size 16s and 18s having started out my journey in tight fitting size 26s. I'm able to run up flights of stairs without getting out of breath, after having reached a stage where walking up one flight was painful. I'm so grateful and so happy and just hope I can stay focused enough to shift the last 3 stone.

For anyone with doubts - you too can do it! for pre-oppers, it will be the best gift you can give to yourself.

Glad you now feel its been worth it :)

And thank you for your honest post regarding how you felt at first, I am due to have my op on Wed morning and its good to be prepared for all these emotions I'm sure I'll go through

Thank you, I just know I'm gonna regret it at first, but I soooooo can't wait to be like you, well done :) x

Thank you all - I wish you all the same and better success on your individual journeys xx

Congrats ~ well done . . . how are you coping with 'food' and well life in general xx

Thank you :) in terms of food, I'm not really restricted in what to have, just restricted in quantity. At the start, I couldn't tolerate chicken and bread, but I'm fine with both now. A bit upset about tolerating bread as it's proving to be my downfall. I think I'm learning more about my eating habits and having to gauge whether or not I'm actually hungry. I notice if I'm out all day I don't feel hungry enough to eat, but if I'm around food, I will pick at it.

I've gone back to gastric bypass essentials - chew properly, no drink with meals, and it's upped my weight loss this past week :)

I'm happier in a lot of aspects of my life, wish I'd done this years ago! x

Glad you now feel its been worth it :)

And thank you for your honest post regarding how you felt at first, I am due to have my op on Wed morning and its good to be prepared for all these emotions I'm sure I'll go through

Good luck! will be thinking of you on wednesday. You won't regret it! Just remember to look forward to the bigger (slimmer ;) )picture :)

What a brilliant, honest post ... :) inspiring for us pre op'pers ... than you so much :D

Thank you, I just know I'm gonna regret it at first, but I soooooo can't wait to be like you, well done :) x

You're both welcome and I wish you all the best :)

Very well done. I bet you feel amazing. I know I feel very much better, more energy etc, just like you.
Could you tell me how much weight you have lost post surgery? I am particularly interested because I didn't have time to lose more than a few pounds before my own surgery and I find the pre op weight loss very interesting (i feel like I missed out lol) I think it admirable when people lose loads of weight, as Peterborough Guy did, pre op, it shows loads of determination.
I haven't got my glasses on lol otherwise I would try to work it out myself.
Lynne x

Threads like this help us pre-oppers to understand the ups and the downs of surgery so I for one THANK YOU. When i have my downs i will think of this most and just say to myself IT WILL GET BETTER and easier. Thanks hun xx

:bliss::bliss::bliss:
That is just fantastic well done you. xoxo

It's exactly 6 months today that I had my gastric bypass. I remember how scared I was going in in the morning, as I was convinced I wouldn't make it through :rolleyes:
I remember the pain in the first couple of days afterwards, and the steep rollercoaster of emotions. There have been a lot of times where I wished I hadn't done my operation - mainly when my head was stuck down the toilet after my pouch didn't tolerate something I ate.

BUT..I'm 6 months out today, and 104lb lighter. I'm fitting into size 16s and 18s having started out my journey in tight fitting size 26s. I'm able to run up flights of stairs without getting out of breath, after having reached a stage where walking up one flight was painful. I'm so grateful and so happy and just hope I can stay focused enough to shift the last 3 stone.

For anyone with doubts - you too can do it! for pre-oppers, it will be the best gift you can give to yourself.
:wave_cry:Great post Zarafa-inspiring & honest,
you're results are fab & well-deservedx

Thank you all - I couldn't have got through the surgery without the support of people on here, and I hope I can repay even a little bit of that back to the new WLS-ers :)

Very well done. I bet you feel amazing. I know I feel very much better, more energy etc, just like you.
Could you tell me how much weight you have lost post surgery? I am particularly interested because I didn't have time to lose more than a few pounds before my own surgery and I find the pre op weight loss very interesting (i feel like I missed out lol) I think it admirable when people lose loads of weight, as Peterborough Guy did, pre op, it shows loads of determination.
I haven't got my glasses on lol otherwise I would try to work it out myself.
Lynne x

I've lost 77lb since surgery, and lost 27lb before :)
When I went for my consultation, they said it was very likely I had cushings which surgery couldn't fix - I had given up hope in getting a surgery date so started exercising 6 times a week - the weight flew off :) When the all-clear came, I'd lost 2 stones so I was only put on a 5 day pre-op diet :)
Whatever exercise you can do before helps your recovery after - and I've really felt that :)

Back