• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 months post op bypass. What should i be eating in a typical day?

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi I am 3 months post bypass and sometimes worry that i may not be eating enough. A typical day consists of a small bowl of cereal, fruit for lunch and then a small portion of veg chilli or baked potatoe for tea. What do others eat in a typical day? I don't seem to feel hungry so have to remind myself to eat. Should I be eating more? thanks x

Wow tammy look at that weight loss. iv'e not had my bypass yet but how are yr energy levels on what you are eating. do you mind me asking how old you are?
Hope i do as well as you when my time comes.

Hi I'm 32 and have more energy now than i ever did. I can honestly say i feel great and it has been the best decision i have ever made. You too will feel the same once you have your op x

Hi tammy

You biggest worry would be not having enough protein. If you dont get enough you will lose muscle aswell as fat which is something we dont want.

You 3 monthly appointment should go through all this aswell as them taking alot of bloods.

Every thing else should be fine aslong as you take the vits and minerals advised.

But i was the same the 1st 3 months i lost alot as i wasnt hungry ect but its slowed down alot now. but i am making sure i eat enough protein after being warned about it.

So plenty of milk and yogurts for you

Last edited:
Thanks Sara and Frosty. will def try the yogharts and cheeses. I haven't been able to eat meat since having the op and seem to manage the quorn mince ok. You both have done great since your op's too well done on your fab weight losses x

Back