• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How much should I be eating???

madstaffyblonde1

http://tickers.wlsurgery.
I am now nearly 10 weeks post op and I'm getting a bit worried as not only am not eating enough but I also feel afraid to eat:(

I had to have a pouch stretch a few weeks ago as I couldn't keep anything down only plain water, things improved after and I could eat more or less anything I wanted but the last week I seem to be eating less and less and anything I do eat is very tiny amounts or it comes back up.

Today I have had
1 pint of banana protein shake (breakfast)

for dinner
2 Cherry's
1 prune
2 slices of kiwi
1 teaspoon of sliced peaches
the fruit stayed down but it was uncomfortable for about an hour after
I then had super noodles for tea, I had 3 forks of noodles but the whole lot has come back.

It has got to the stage where I just don't want to eat anymore, I am afraid to eat as I keep being sick but also I feel stuck as to what to eat.

What should say dinner or tea be like for portion size?

I went to a party the other day and for tea all I could manage was 3 carrot sticks yet on Saturday I went to a BBQ and was able to eat 2 small jacket potatoes (the insides only), with grated cheese and chilli.

I seem to be really struggling again and feel I might need another stretch, Ive got to go to the hospital on Friday to see the surgeon but am getting increasingly worried as I go on holiday on Monday as well

Last edited:
You don't appear to be eating very much at all.

Are you still on a soft diet? You've not got much protein going in.

If your still having problems you should go back to your team, perhaps you need another stretch just to make things a little easier on you.

Good luck

I'm told I can eat anything if my body allows it, which it did after I had the stretch but now I'm struggling again. I'm back to see my surgeon on Friday and may see about getting another stretch done.

Can I ask what someone of 10 weeks post op should be eating in a typical day pleaseeeeeeee :)

The weight is still coming off albeit slowly since I had the stretch done, I have even brought a pair of size 14 jeans that fit fine so its not all bad :)

I've never calorie counted, but I've used my fitness pal just to track my protein. Now that I've got my amounts sorted I just go on occassionally now to check I'm still on track.

Smacked hand, I tend not to eat breakfast, but do have a large milky coffee made up with 150mls ss milk to kick start my day.

I'll have a yoghurt mid morning.

Lunch is either 1 slice hovis seeded bread, toasted with cottage cheese or an egg or I'll have a salad with prawns/cheese/tuna/cooked meat etc.

Dinner is usually chicken breast/pork chop/beef or fish with mixed veg.

I have days where I can eat lots of fruit & also some days when I can't be bother eating it.

Through out the day I probably get through 1 - 1.5 pints of ss milk (more coffee! lots of protein, that's my excuse lol)

I find that I can eat lots of fruit & veg, always have been able to as soon as I went onto solid food.

I don't eat rice or pasta, not because I can't, but because I choose not to. These were foods that were my downfall before the op, I haven't fancied them and if I can do without them I will.

My protein averages out between 60-80g per day. I saw the dietician last week for the 2nd time since my op and he is really pleased with my diet and said that I'm managing to get most of what I need. He did say that I need to eat more bread though! Can't agree with him on that count.

I do hope you get sorted out, I can only imagine how awful you feel when you can't get food down.

Didn't Jaxxs on here have to have 2 stretches before her problems were sorted?

Fingers crossed for you when you go back to the surgeon x

Doesn't sound a lot to me either maybe another stretch may be needed. I eat quite well now and probably a fair amount too and the weight still is coming off, i have never calorie counted either! It is hard to eat worrying about wether you are going to be sick or not, all you can do until you see your team is to keep trying to eat when you can and vary your foods until you find something that will stay put. I lived on sauce and gravy based foods at 10 weeks and although my portions were small i ate little and often. Hope you get it sorted soon and feel better xx

I guess I am about 10 weeks out as my op was on the 21st April. I think my weight loss is poor and am worrying about eating too much - the exact opposite to you I suppose. If it helps most days I have a coffee and 3% fat yoghurt for breakfast, perhaps 2 coffees with s/s to make them white during the morning, for lunch 1/2 avocado and prawns or perhaps a dutch crispbread with tuna then 2 more drinks during the day and then finally dinner a small bowl of chicken and vegs. Treat, 1 all juice lolly. I am struggling to lost 2lbs a week and getting a bit frustrated.

Fizzy

I'm going to keep a food diary to show my surgeon and see what he thinks.

Fizzypeach I can't complain about my weight loss I've gone from 18:10 to 14:6 in 10 weeks and have never felt better, even with the problems with eating ect I've got loads of energy and the best feeling is my friends tellIng me to go shopping as the clothes I've got are way to big lol I've gone from a 22/24 to a size 14 :). Keep at it the weight will move soon enough

Back