• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 Weeks post op

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
Well, I am 3 weeks post op and getting on ok. I have lost 10lb since my op, which I am a little disappointed with, but at least its a loss.

I on the puree stage at the moment and living mainly off pureed beans with cheese and cottage/shepards pie. I just want something to chew!!!!!

I do have at least 1 protein shake a day, been mainly having Slim fast but tried Asda's caffe latte yesterday....... YUCK. It was disgusting!!!!!!!! I drink loads too, I just want to speed up weightloss, like the majority of us, I am very impatient!!!!

Other than this, I have been absolutely brilliant, minimum pain, quick healing incisions, I really don't feel like I have had anything done!!!

So glad you are healing well, the weight loss will continue and probably increase as all the I.ternal bruising and swelling goes xx

Thanks for ALL your comments.

I hadn't seen this thread or would have read and replied. I'm 3 weeks post op on Friday coming. I'm still on Pureed food and o totally know wot u mean about chewing!! I can't wait to get on to soft foods I'm dreaming about an omlette with ham and cheese lol. Ur weight loss is good 10lb is 10lb and it's better off than on :) :) xx

I have just had a small bit of omlette! The diet says I can have scrambled egg, so I made omlette with mashed beans and cheese and chewed very well until it was like slop in my mouth. It was lovely and very satisfying. x

fizzwoods said:
Well, I am 3 weeks post op and getting on ok. I have lost 10lb since my op, which I am a little disappointed with, but at least its a loss.

I on the puree stage at the moment and living mainly off pureed beans with cheese and cottage/shepards pie. I just want something to chew!!!!!

I do have at least 1 protein shake a day, been mainly having Slim fast but tried Asda's caffe latte yesterday....... YUCK. It was disgusting!!!!!!!! I drink loads too, I just want to speed up weightloss, like the majority of us, I am very impatient!!!!

Other than this, I have been absolutely brilliant, minimum pain, quick healing incisions, I really don't feel like I have had anything done!!!

Well done Hun on weight loss , glad to here your doing well , I lost 16lbs since sugery but not lost any thing this week x

I started soft foods yestarday and feels great to chew had a little salmon and tasted so good x

Thanks Tracey, great to hear from you. I only start soft food next week properly but been trying bits of stuff. Just hope I get a boost this week!

10lbs hun.. thats a great weightloss... there is nothing you can do to speed up your weightloss..you need to relax and go with the flow... everyone loses at different rates.
At the moment your bdyis just getting used to having tiny amount of food... and being pureed aswell it goes through you quicker.. so therefore your body is holding on to your fat reserves as its in slight starvation mode.. even though your not. dont weigh every day even though it is tempting..that way on your weigh day you will have a nice surprise.. xx your doing well xx

I'm on first stage puree and have a week left but was told i could have scrambled egg so soft boiled an egg and mashed with a spoonful of creme fraiche n drop of salad cream ... . Chewed to oblivion and i couldnt manage the whole egg but bliss .... Also had a couple of cauliflower florets (just the fluffy heads) with a teaspoon of philli - again chewed to a puree but soooooooooooo good and no problems to report lol xxx

Well dun on the weight loss Hun ur doin great glad ur feelin well :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

sounds like you are doing well

Back