• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 weeks post op

grom

Slim for 2009
Hi all

just to let you know how I'm doing. I promise I will also update my pics today - they are still sitting in the camera at the mo.

I'm feeling really well and am half way through my puree stage. It's really weird having a fridge and freezer full of little containers of mush and forgetting what they all are. have had some really nice 'meals' and have bought a tiny bone china plate and dish so my food doesn't look quite so lost!

I have started to wear my pedometer and am aiming to do around 5000 steps a day just by walking a bit more at work and taking the dog out at night. I can't wait till I get the all clear to join the gym as I really want to start toning up.

As for weight loss, I have already had to give a stack of clothes away! I am trying to break away from the lifelong habbit of jumping on the scales everyday and have asked hubby to hide them. I am just going to try to get weighed at Boots every couple of weeks instead. i JUST REALSIED I WENT TO MY BROTHERS YESTERDAY AND DIDN'T JUMP ON HIS SCALES LIKE I WOULD NORMALLY!!!RESULT!! My last weigh in (4 days ago) I was 11 lbs lighter in 3 weeks since surgery and 25 lbs lighter since pre op diet so I'm very pleased with that. I don't mind if it doesn't come off really quickly as I'm already so much happier with my shape. Stupidly I forgot to measure myself so I will try to do that today so at least I have a bit of a record!

Thanks as always for evryone's continued support

:bliss:

Your doing really well Grom, it must help a lot to finally be getting your energy back and to know that once the cloths no longer fit you do NOT have to keep them in case you put the weight back on

congrats on the weight loss, im glad your doing well and feeling better about your self, isnt it a nice feeling to get rid of the bigger clothes and know you wont ever need them again, try and keep 1 item that was a large size, then when you get to target try it on and take a pic, ive kept a size 28 blouse and i keep trying it on, it makes me feel better.

liz x

Hi Grom, glad you are recovering so well and good job with the walking. I feel the same way about the weight, if I feel better & lighter I don't really need the weight confirmation. However, seeing it slide off is also fun!!

Keep up the good work.:p:p:p:p

ps have posted new pics in album including my fab shrink-with-me Russian doll!!

Nice to see the pics Grom, you'll be matching that tiny doll in no time ;)

love that brown dress that you are wearing pre op dated dec 2008. I think that will be a good one to keep as a guage of how much you have lost. Would love to see another picture of you wearing that in six months time so we can really see how much you have lost.

love that brown dress that you are wearing pre op dated dec 2008. I think that will be a good one to keep as a guage of how much you have lost. Would love to see another picture of you wearing that in six months time so we can really see how much you have lost.

Thanks Sam - will remember to hold onto that one!!

Nice 1 Grom keep up the good work.

Back