• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Holidaying 3 weeks post op

Kaz50

Hey All

Hope this finds everyone well and loving life?
3 weeks post band surgery and here I am in beautiful Marrakech. Only problem is finding suitable foods to eat and worried I’m pushing my band too far?
I’m now 3.5 weeks post op and had no real issues. However, whilst on holiday (which was booked before surgery) I’m mindful that I don’t want to cause any issues with the recovery and band.
I’m eating as soft a food as possible ie- couscous with dressing, mashed fish and veg and soft desserts.
I’m enjoying cocktails but realise my weight will increase once I jump on the scales at home.
Am keeping active with swimming, walking, gym etc but after any advise on do’s and dont’s this early on.
On another note, Marrakech is beautiful for those not yet been here.
Am dreading the scales when I get home as had lost 26lbs since the start of my LRD 3 weeks pre-op.

Love and best wishes x

Bling Babe

Hey All

Hope this finds everyone well and loving life?
3 weeks post band surgery and here I am in beautiful Marrakech. Only problem is finding suitable foods to eat and worried I’m pushing my band too far?
I’m now 3.5 weeks post op and had no real issues. However, whilst on holiday (which was booked before surgery) I’m mindful that I don’t want to cause any issues with the recovery and band.
I’m eating as soft a food as possible ie- couscous with dressing, mashed fish and veg and soft desserts.
I’m enjoying cocktails but realise my weight will increase once I jump on the scales at home.
Am keeping active with swimming, walking, gym etc but after any advise on do’s and dont’s this early on.
On another note, Marrakech is beautiful for those not yet been here.
Am dreading the scales when I get home as had lost 26lbs since the start of my LRD 3 weeks pre-op.

Love and best wishes x
Sounds amazing, I can’t advice on the band I’m afraid as I’m bypassed but I’m sure someone will help xx

jules2

Glad you're having a super time, it sounds fab. Again, I'm a bypasser so can't give band advice other than listen to what your body is telling you. Enjoy that sun - we're all freezing out bits off over here. ;)

Kaz50

Glad you're having a super time, it sounds fab. Again, I'm a bypasser so can't give band advice other than listen to what your body is telling you. Enjoy that sun - we're all freezing out bits off over here. ;)

Thanks ladies
It’s been overcast the past few days but sun came out late today and is forecast for at least a week :)
I’m eating soft/sloppy foods that have sauces and chewing well. Only had a couple of episodes of discomfort so fingers crossed all is ok.

Will try and bring the sun home. X

jules2

Oooooh lamb tagine perhaps. Can't wait for that - Sainsbugs do a lush version but eating it in Marrakech would be perfection. Make sure to bring back plenty of lovely herbs and spices from the medina with you. Ideal to flavour all your new healthy foods.

Kaz50

Had a few tagine’s of various flavours:)
Experienced my first episode of food getting stuck last week due to eating too fast. OMG I though I was going to die. Very painful and something I don’t wish to experience again. I was sick twice just small amount but it relieved what was stuck thank goodness.
Haven’t got my first band fill until end of April due to clinic times clashing with work so will be 10 weeks post surgery which is a long time for a 1st fill.

Do they advise on what amount for your 1st fill or is it done given your weight loss and symptoms??

A mere 28c here today xx