• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 years 4 months out.... long termer !! lol

deeby

***UPDATE !!*** 24/02/2014
WELL, 3 YEARS AND 4 MONTHS OUT !! BLIMEY ! THAT WENT QUICK !!
Thought i'd better give a quick update on here as its been soooo long.
Still feeling great but have to say i have weight gained :((((
i have put on 1 stone which i did about a year ago and it has stayed the same so at least its not going up and up and up i suppose lol.
Very disappointed in myself, i do eat just what ever i want now which i know i need to change, its so hard and has been on my mind for a long time.
I guess its the first step in the right direction by declaring it on here !! ;), things have got to change, im considering the 5 day pouch test ?? not sure if it works though ?

Im going to Florida this may :O ... so excited ! can not wait !!
Its a one off holiday of a life time and i think this is the perfect excuse to sort myself out weight wise haha !!

any tips help from long term post oppers would be greatfully received :DDDDD
Thanks
Dawn

deeby

i have a diary in bronze if anyone would like to read it feel free :DDDD

chrisa

Well done you, thank you for that I have gained a stone just about since this time last year. Well the last half of that stone really since bout December time. Its nice to hear. I know it must be frustrating for you please keep up the posts xx

emma-louise

my new life!!
Hi there..
I think I remember you...well I'm 3 years and 5 months since my bypass.
I read an article about "bounce back" weight on USA sites..
It's when we gain slightly,and then our body maintains this weight(as this is the wright your body is comfortable at)
Ive been the same size since 15 months after having the op,and maintained ever since(apart from one gain but lost it)
I think for me is sticking to protein based foods is what helps me.
Are you happy with your size now?...I'd love to get to size 10,but I'm learning I can't have it all!
And be happy at my size 12 x

deeby

i have a diary in bronze if anyone would like to read it feel free :DDDD

Well done you, thank you for that I have gained a stone just about since this time last year. Well the last half of that stone really since bout December time. Its nice to hear. I know it must be frustrating for you please keep up the posts xx

Hi :D
Well at least i'm not the only one !! ;) it is frustrating but only got myself to blame and to be honest i have been very very naughty so lucky that its only 1 stone :S
thanks for reply ;) xxxx

Hi there..
I think I remember you...well I'm 3 years and 5 months since my bypass.
I read an article about "bounce back" weight on USA sites..
It's when we gain slightly,and then our body maintains this weight(as this is the wright your body is comfortable at)
Ive been the same size since 15 months after having the op,and maintained ever since(apart from one gain but lost it)
I think for me is sticking to protein based foods is what helps me.
Are you happy with your size now?...I'd love to get to size 10,but I'm learning I can't have it all!
And be happy at my size 12 x

Thats really interesting about the 'bounce back' weight ! thankyou, i will defo have a look into it :D
I think i remember you too :D were you here when all the hoo hah was going on with that lady 'Bev' trying to poach people :S ?
I think the advice about protein is spot on .. thankyou !! i'll def try and have more protein !
Youve done so well to have maintained all this time ! i think thats brilliant and you must have been very good.
I got down to 11st 12 and im now 12st 12 and have been for about 6months to a year, i was a size 14 but have noticed i need to buy more a size 16 for the last couple of months.
I am still happy :D :D :D soooo much better than being a size 26/28 but would prefer to be a size 12 or 14. who wouldnt ? lol ;)

I will try and sort it out a bit as i really have slipped , i truly believe that the fact that i have come back to this forum is a real step in the right direction and shows to me that i do want to get back on track !!
Imagine what Karlos would have said :S , i'd have had a well deserved gobfull no doubt god rest his soul <3
Thanks for the reply, nice to see some original peeps on here lol i thought theyd all gone xx

emma-louise

my new life!!
Hi :D Well at least i'm not the only one !! ;) it is frustrating but only got myself to blame and to be honest i have been very very naughty so lucky that its only 1 stone :S thanks for reply ;) xxxx Thats really interesting about the 'bounce back' weight ! thankyou, i will defo have a look into it :D I think i remember you too :D were you here when all the hoo hah was going on with that lady 'Bev' trying to poach people :S ? I think the advice about protein is spot on .. thankyou !! i'll def try and have more protein ! Youve done so well to have maintained all this time ! i think thats brilliant and you must have been very good. I got down to 11st 12 and im now 12st 12 and have been for about 6months to a year, i was a size 14 but have noticed i need to buy more a size 16 for the last couple of months. I am still happy :D :D :D soooo much better than being a size 26/28 but would prefer to be a size 12 or 14. who wouldnt ? lol ;) I will try and sort it out a bit as i really have slipped , i truly believe that the fact that i have come back to this forum is a real step in the right direction and shows to me that i do want to get back on track !! Imagine what Karlos would have said :S , i'd have had a well deserved gobfull no doubt god rest his soul <3 Thanks for the reply, nice to see some original peeps on here lol i thought theyd all gone xx

Lol..yes dawn I was here when all the "hoo hah" with bev was going on.
I do a lot of reading on USA sites regarding issues around the bypass as they are definetly more clued up,
Only common sense really as the operations have been preformed more and longer over there.
So have a look at the "bounce back weight" thing there's definetly something to it.
You need to not get mistaken with "bounce back" and "gaining" though.
Have you let carbs slip back in ? I cannot eat bready items anymore,it's a god send really!.
Like u say coming back here may well "tweek" your diet and you'll be back to size 12 x

chrisa

I came down from 24st 11lb to 14st 5lb then after last Christmas went back upto 14st 11 then 13 then after this Christmas gone upto 15st 4. See sawing a little. I did get to an 18 but am 18-20 depending where I buy them and the style of course. I WAS A 32/34 especially round thighs n hips that's my worst area. I do feel good but did not want to go back over the 15st ever again, hate myself for that but trying to eat normally healthy but small portions still. Its the head it gets the better of me still fancy food yet some I get a bit en that's it don't want it or it won't go down, but have still managed to have weight gain. The only exercise I DO at the moment is walking about 2 mile round trip just getting to and from work without all the other extra I do. Days and night shifts have cocked up my system. If I wanna snack now I try and have the skinny salted popcorn or fruit. Have a high protein diet and try an d keep to 2-3 portions of carbs a day. Always try to have the full quota of fruit n veg each day. Water drinking has slipped for the moment but having lots of tea to drink, so cold at times. Roll on the summer x