• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3rd Fill and need advice

Majella

Hi everyone, been away for a while pc problems but I am now back in band world!! I just had my 3rd fill yesterday. 1.3 ml total now of 5.3 but I am struggling for the first time ever since my band. I can manage to keep some fluids down but tried a teaspoon of mash for tea and my back is aching and my stomach churning. Just been sick and loads of extra saliva. Is it suppose to be like this or do I need a bit taken out or should I perservere. Is this just a settling in period? Please help I feel like crying right now x:cry:

I have to stay on fluids for the day of the fill then 2 more days, 3 days of mushy then back to normal food on day 7.

If you are ok with fluids I would suggest sticking to them for a few days. Then when you do try food go slow and with caution x

Thanks for that. I was told liquids for 24 hrs and then normal. Well I will stick to liquids for the weekend and see what Monday brings. I just feel panicky as I have not felt this bad before this must be my testing time x

When you have good restriction you really do have to re learn how to eat. 24 hours in is not very long to be testing things but as you said thats what you were told.

Just take things slowly when you do go back onto food, chew, chew and chew some more and you will be fine x

I am told 2 do 2 days fluids, 2 days mush and then 2 days of more dense foods and then back to normal on day 7 , hth....let us know how u get on x

Hi
I was just the same after my 3rd fill, which was 5 weeks ago, really struggled until i finally learnt how to eat with my band. Before 3rd fill i could eat all things without having to chew too much and it was a big shock to get this 3rd fill.

I spent a lot of time with the pain and extra saliva and bringing food back up, but i am finally learning how to do it.

Be patient, take extremely small bites/teaspoons and chew chew chew until it is pulp, then swallow.
I i forget now or am really hungry i still get the pain and excess saliva, but mostly i remember and am now 3 stone 4lbs down. But it has been slow, not quick and not easy.
A really big learning curve and i am not there yet.

Hope this helps and that you can relax a bit and just let it happen :)

Claire

Loooy72 said:
Hi
I was just the same after my 3rd fill, which was 5 weeks ago, really struggled until i finally learnt how to eat with my band. Before 3rd fill i could eat all things without having to chew too much and it was a big shock to get this 3rd fill.

I spent a lot of time with the pain and extra saliva and bringing food back up, but i am finally learning how to do it.

Be patient, take extremely small bites/teaspoons and chew chew chew until it is pulp, then swallow.
I i forget now or am really hungry i still get the pain and excess saliva, but mostly i remember and am now 3 stone 4lbs down. But it has been slow, not quick and not easy.
A really big learning curve and i am not there yet.

Hope this helps and that you can relax a bit and just let it happen :)

Claire

I totally agree with this. When we haven't got a decent restriction we can 'get away' with not chewing so much but when we have decent restriction we have to really follow the rules x

Well after a night from hell I emailed my surgeon, it got where I could not drink without it all gurgling back, I even gurgled this morning when I woke up. So he said to come and see him and he took .5 ml out and I feel so much better. That still leaves more in than I had before and I can drink better now. I will just be extra careful and stick to liquids for the weekend. I also now have a smile back on my face and more importantly, I still love my band!!. Thanks for all the advice xx

Really glad its sorted. Its a worry when fluids don't go down! have a good weekend xxx

Back