• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3rd fill

scnewbie

Just out got my 3rd fill. Have 10cc band it's now 5.5cc. I am 2 stone down but stabilising at that past few weeks. The doctor said he can't put anymore in and to wait 2-3 months and see how it goes! Fingers crossed xxxxxxx

Fingers crossed that this gets you going again :) - did he say why he couldn't put anymore in? or was it because there's too much pressure to allow anymore to go in?

But well done on the 2 stone down :) x

Fingers crossed that this gets you going again :) - did he say why he couldn't put anymore in? or was it because there's too much pressure to allow anymore to go in? But well done on the 2 stone down :) x
He said there was too much pressure for 1.5ccs so he put in 1cc. Hopefully i will feel a bit more restriction now. How you getting on topkat

So good that they have listened to that pressure in the band - but if it is that tight hopefully you should feel a real difference when you get back to eating normal foods :)

I'm still battling for restriction, I had a fill from 11 to 12mls and it made me over restricted and October was simply awful - so had to have a defill - there was so much pressure when they put the needle in with the syringe it filled the syringe on its own without any being drawn :(

I had the defill and I had a fill of 1ml last week so back up to 11mls, but again, no restriction feelings as yet. Booked in on the 7th for another fill but going to take it very slowly because at 12mls it was too much lol

Its an ongoing journey which feels like a battle sometimes. I'm 15 months out from surgery and sometimes I feel a bit frustrated that this far in I still feel hunger, early on, 4, 6 even 8 months in, it was hard but I knew it would take a while. But having been told that I may just be one of those people the band will not stop the hunger feelings for, I'm getting used to it, but on a complete change of eating to ensure that my meals are balanced, and that I'm therefore feeling fuller rather than focusing so much on 90g of protein! And I feel much better for it currently :)

Oh god I am definately feeling very different this time. Restriction has totally set in thank god! Yeay. Had a toastie sandwich and I am feeling very very full!! Hurray! This is what I paid all that money for, the past 12 weeks have been a roller coaster but think I'm finally at the end!

That's great news..
you should maybe fill in your profile stats so we can see when and what op you had done...and how its all going
Its great to see someone elses progress..inspires others xxxx

Oh god I am definately feeling very different this time. Restriction has totally set in thank god! Yeay. Had a toastie sandwich and I am feeling very very full!! Hurray! This is what I paid all that money for, the past 12 weeks have been a roller coaster but think I'm finally at the end!

Would love to know more details...what does restriction feel like for you as I am in desperate need of support as I get very hungry most days and relying on my willpower at this point :)
I am due for second fill 4th Dec :)

Hi minn
This is my 3rd fill. Gastric band done in August. I was 12st 6lbs going into surgery I am now 10st 6lbs. I lost most of the 2 stone straight after surgery I was very sick, but when I started to recover the weight loss steadied out. This is the first day I've felt some restriction. I am an avid coffe drinker 6-8 cups a day, but could only manage 2 today as I felt my stomach bloated after it. I am starting to feel fuller a lot quicker also. I did eat weetabix this morning but it got stuck very quickly and I was in a lot of pain until it moved through the band. So I guess restriction for me id getting fuller a lot quicker therefore eating less, and taking my time to chew ALOT as when it gets stuck is one of the most awful feelings! It's awful! I got 10cc band in and it's now full up to 5.5cc and that seems to be suiting me fine! What has your own experience been minn?

Hi Hun
Well I'm a lot older and larger than you

I began My journey at 24stone 7 pounds...
I know big right :)

I am 5' 10 " so tall as well.

I now weight 21.4 so quite a good loss but a long way to go

At first it was great from the surgery until it all settled down I have no restriction and could I suppose eat most things, I find the last few days I feel very hungry and I would like my weight to be going down faster, lol

I joined Sliming world for support, as a private patient we do not get much support so its the weekly weigh in that I wanted, but although I am a large lady I only lost 1 pound this week...

I am doing well with diet I eat high protein low fat and low carbs.,So I am a work in progress :)

you were not that heavy to begin with are you shorter than average as 12 stone is not a great weight...
did you feel that you had tried everything and this was the best option for you?

sorry if I ask a lot of questions you don't have to answer
xxxxxxx

This is me
lwgd.jpg

I am 34 and a mother of 4. I am 4ft 12. Hobbit size haha! Yes I was very overweight for my height. And had very high blood pressure and arthritis in my knee. A few complications for being overweight. My blood pressure is gone and I am no longer on medication! My goal weight is around 9stone. I am a good addict and comfort eat a lot and yes I have tried ww & slimming world and some others too. Nothing has worked long term. Getting the gastric band has been the best decision of my life! And I bet you will find some restriction in next fill. What size band did you get? And where did you get your surgery?

LOL, 4 ft 12 is 5ft!! You are certainly very petite. It's weird the way they do band fills. I'm on 5.8ml in a 10ml band .. but that's after just two fills.

So far I'm still on liquids/mush after my fill, but I can finally feel the difference now and I'm soooo glad. I just hope it lasts. The hunger is definitely less. I've only lost a stone so far as I've been soooo starving hungry and really fed up.

I've booked my 3rd fill for early January, but fingers crossed it won't take too much more to get to the 'green zone'.

Glad you're doing really well scnewbie :).

I am 34 and a mother of 4. I am 4ft 12. Hobbit size haha! Yes I was very overweight for my height. And had very high blood pressure and arthritis in my knee. A few complications for being overweight. My blood pressure is gone and I am no longer on medication! My goal weight is around 9stone. I am a good addict and comfort eat a lot and yes I have tried ww & slimming world and some others too. Nothing has worked long term. Getting the gastric band has been the best decision of my life! And I bet you will find some restriction in next fill. What size band did you get? And where did you get your surgery?

lol..Hobbit size :) love it!!!
Well Im Hagrid size (Harry Potter) the half giant just in case your not as HP fan :)

I had my band the same as Bandergirl at The Dolan THG Bromsgrove
I had a 14ml band and I have 7ml in now next fill in a couple of weeks, cannot wait :)

Ah, I have to admit to being a little jealous of you having that feeling lol
At 15 months out, with 11mls in my band, I'm still trying to find restriction, at 12mls I was over restricted which was awful and had to have a defill so working back up, but I have yet to have that feeling of a small amount making me full - I've yet to really experience for anything more than 2 or 3 days before my band took me over restricted what it's like to not feel hunger....

It is a roller coaster, but I would like it to not be going up and down right now but at 15 months being where it should, I'm slowly getting used to the idea that I may be one of these people where restriction only limits the food eaten rather than it stopping the hunger...but that's not easy to live with...

Still fill number 11 in a couple of weeks as my first fill post defill 10 days ago hasn't made any difference....but soooooo glad you're feeling that difference :)

Topkat it's sounds very frustrating that you've still not found a balance yet! It is fascinating that your nearly on your 11th fill... But you are loosing the weight and have lost a considerable amount!! Fair play to you for sticking it as long as you have. I do hope it balances out for you!

Hi minn This is my 3rd fill. Gastric band done in August. I was 12st 6lbs going into surgery I am now 10st 6lbs. I lost most of the 2 stone straight after surgery I was very sick, but when I started to recover the weight loss steadied out. This is the first day I've felt some restriction. I am an avid coffe drinker 6-8 cups a day, but could only manage 2 today as I felt my stomach bloated after it. I am starting to feel fuller a lot quicker also. I did eat weetabix this morning but it got stuck very quickly and I was in a lot of pain until it moved through the band. So I guess restriction for me id getting fuller a lot quicker therefore eating less, and taking my time to chew ALOT as when it gets stuck is one of the most awful feelings! It's awful! I got 10cc band in and it's now full up to 5.5cc and that seems to be suiting me fine! What has your own experience been minn?

Hiya snewbie,
Don't know if we have spoke?
But we r very similar.. I was banded about 2 weeks before u, start weight 12 stone and now weigh in at 10.4 yay... Had 3 fills and have 6.5 in 10... Could maybe do with a tiny bit more, no pressure on last fill, but cos I am losing a pound every two weeks I'm thinking of leaving it till jan.

So glad you've found green xx

Hi loulou
Yes y
Our stories are very similar. Congrats on the weight loss! Now I'm wondering why I had pressure trying to put in 1.5cc into my band and he could only put in 1cc, I don't understand that part??? Where did you get your band done? I travelled from Ireland to Belgium, it was a fantastic hospital and great team of doctors. I paid privately too.

Now I'm wondering why I had pressure trying to put in 1.5cc into my band and he could only put in 1cc, I don't understand that part???

The band is only able to take a certain amount of liquid into it at a time. While it may hold 10mls or 14mls depending on the size of the band, it wouldn't be possible to put all of that in, within one fill.

When they fill they can feel resistance from the band itself from the tightness that it has around the stomach, and as such, when the saline is going in they are able to feel that which if they put in too much and in simple terms "forced" that liquid in, it can cause all sorts of issues. Not only with over restriction, but it being too tight, causing strangulation of the stomach by the band itself or it causing it to slip.

When I went to have my defill due to my over restriction, when they put the syringe in to draw saline out, there was so much pressure onto the band from the stomach which had swollen around it due to my being sick and not being able to swallow that the pressure on its own forced the liquid out into the syringe without them having to draw any out.

When I went back for my fill after the defill she put 1ml in and at the end of the 1ml she was adding she said she didn't want to put anymore in as that resistance could be felt. Its a guide for them to know what the band can take at that time, because while in theory it can hold whatever it can hold when full, it has to go in stages due to the resistance of the band and where it is around the stomach :)

Thanks top kat. Was very weird watching the saline going into the port and seeing .5cc pushing back out! I understand how it works it's amazing! Hope your doing well and also feeling well xx

well done on your loss scnewbie im not far behind you im only just 5'3, carryin excess weight around is a nightmare when your small!

Back