• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Duodenal Switch 4 days post-op and have a few questions :)

JayBee1972

Hi all. Had my d/s on Tuesday evening and ended up on the table for over 6 hours due to a complication during the surgery. Feel like I have done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.

I came out of hospital yesterday and found I couldn't sleep in bed last night as I just couldn't stay upright enough to be comfortable. Did anyone else find this?

One of my wounds is still weeping slightly and just my luck it is a bank holiday weekend so that I can't just go to the community clinic to get the dressings seen to. I am getting quite a bit of pain from the general area and from that particular wound. Any ideas how long I can expect the pain for?

Think I am paying the price of trying to run before I can walk diet wise. I made scrambled egg for breaky but because I overcooked it slightly it wasn't as liquid as it should have been. I also thought I could get away with an avacado for dinner (thinking that if I chewed it well enough I would be ok) but seem to be paying for it tonight. Could only manage half the avacado before calling it a day.

Going to revert back to the diet sheet tomorrow but just feeling more than a little sorry for myself right now. Shame to see there aren't many d/sers on here.

EEEeeerrr... you really ought to be adhering to your diet sheet. You've had major surgery! I've never heard of anyone eating scrambled eggs or advacado 4 days post op. Most ppl are too swollen, bloated and pained to even have an appetite and even then it's just liquids.

What does your diet sheet say?

PLEASE PLEASE take it easy!!!!!!!!!! Don't succumb to your chatterbox or you'll do yourself dangerous, life-threatening damage.

:hug99:

Hi Jaybee

If your worried about the wound could you visit your walk in centre rather than waiting til Tuesday?

On the food front you really, really, really must stick to what you have been advised to eat.

Get your wound checked out then concentrate on getting better - good luck x

Thanks for the replies. :) To be honest my appetite is virtually nil and it was a foolish attempt to try and kickstart it. Re. the wound, there is a walk-in centre a few miles away so might need to visit if it doesn.t improve. I really don't think my diet choices helped today however. Sadly the dietician didn't come to see me whilst I was in the hospital but this is my own doing and just have to make sure I don't screw up again. :(

Back