• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

few questions...

Hello hope every1 is having a nice & relaxing wintery sunday :)

Im going for my band pre assessment on tues and of course have lots of questions for them but a few id like ppl with the experience to answer...

1. Once all is healed and settled is drinking a problem? Not alcohol just drinking in general...I love my pints of squash im always v thirsty!

2. Any mummys get the guilt feeling as if its a selfish thing to do as there are associated risks?.... my logical side knows that im doing it for health reasons and having more energy and confidence will do wonders for me being a mummy!

Thank u in advance x

I was still breastfeeding when I got banded so the guilty Mummy feeling was in bundles but no regrets!!! as for drinking pints of squash, when I had restriction I didn't have to sip but definitely couldn't gulp!

To be fair missing the old gulp will be an easy price to pay lol

Glad to hear others had the guilt ill prob be a wreck on the day but all worth it in the end hopefully.

How was ur recovery etc?x

I'm recovering right now! :)
Had my band at 2pm yesterday and I'm feeling load setter already. As for the risk and feeling guilty about it...how much more awful would you feel knowing that you might leave your son too soon due to ill health. God forbid it ever happen but I reckon the risks of the band are the lesser of two evils.

Xxxx
Sam

Actually yeah I'm feeling ok. The hospital and staff were excellent.

Just a long journey to the end of the tunnel now but I suppose it didn't take 5 minutes to put 12 stone on so it's certainly not going to take 5 minutes to come off! Lol

X

I haven't had an issue for the first 13 months of having my band but then I didn't have restriction, so I could drink as I did pre band. However I'm now over restricted and heading for defill tomorrow and currently I can't drink water, squash or juice, in fact can't actually drink anything cold at the moment as it causes sliming or vomiting,

But previously no issues.

And yes, as a single parent I went through all those guilt feelings, but. Could never regret it at all :)

Ive been reading some of your posts top kat it sounds like you are having a tough time :( are u feeling v dehydrated etc? What caused so much restriction? Xmas

Back