• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 weeks post op, shoulder pain????

lovelyzobo

Hi folk......just a quick question....I had the usual left shoulder pain post op, but it has sort of continued and is now getting quite severe. I just wondered if anyone else had a problem post op with this continuing?!

I'm thinking of a few things, but not sure if there are any 'experienced' banders out there with any ideas/info?!

Soooo, post op phrenic pain as the port is situated right at the phrenic nerve, either irritation and/or it might have been 'nicked' in surgery??

Or.....positional pain due to arms out during surgery, so rote cuff injury....
Or.....again due to position, a nerve impingement ?!

I'm a nurse (ED/Critical care sister) so understand what might be the problem, but just wondered if this is something anyone else has had an issue with?!

Thank you!!!!

Zxx

Wow....52 views but no others in my boat.....oh bugger doesn't bode well!

Xx

Not cutting and running LOL but really am no expert here but could it possibly be pain from the band ? eating too fast or too much? I have shoulder pain this week not had it before but think its trapped wind, i have a bit of a chesty cough and think its affecting my band try slowing your eating right down?? if your worried call your team see if they have any suggestions ............hope it passes soon......its no fun not feeling tip top x x x x

pain in left shoulder is normally wind pain, from eating too quick, too much or just a general build up of gas. Worth trying Deflatine or windeze to see if it helps, if not contact your provider :)

Hi folk......just a quick question....I had the usual left shoulder pain post op, but it has sort of continued and is now getting quite severe. I just wondered if anyone else had a problem post op with this continuing?!

I'm thinking of a few things, but not sure if there are any 'experienced' banders out there with any ideas/info?!

Soooo, post op phrenic pain as the port is situated right at the phrenic nerve, either irritation and/or it might have been 'nicked' in surgery??

Or.....positional pain due to arms out during surgery, so rote cuff injury....
Or.....again due to position, a nerve impingement ?!

I'm a nurse (ED/Critical care sister) so understand what might be the problem, but just wondered if this is something anyone else has had an issue with?!

Thank you!!!!

Zxx

I had similar problem after band removal. The pain on the left shoulder/arm was severe and 4.5 months later it's about 90% gone and is improving daily.

I have the next procedure (bypass) next month and REALLY hope I don't have the shoulder pain again, or if I have it then it only lasts a short time. It was really nasty and even now I'm cautious about lifting.

Marcsbm, did they say what the pain was?? I don't think it's wind as there when I wake up and, quite sadly did my own neuro exam, so think it's a nerve issue....xxx

I am a bob, and never had this with my bypass...xx

I know gallbladder issues are quite common post WLS due to rapid weight loss and one of the symptoms is pain in left shoulder.

I am no medic so I don't know how long it would take to present with symptoms but I thought I'd mention it as a possibility

Hope it eases soon x

My gp thinks a tendon injury and says it just needs time.

Back