• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 Day Pouch Test Friend or Foe?

Sara,

Just wanna say thanks for documenting all this, I have to say that when I first joined the site, it was ur story that really touched home with me as we seemed very similar. I think I may even have sent youa private message in the early days. Since then I've had a bypass and still look to your posts for an outlook on further down the line x x x

Good luck with ur kickstart x x x

Day 4, 10.14pm
I found today easy. To be honest I had planned to have virtually fat free yoghurt for breakfast, a shake for lunch and mashed potato and veg for tea.It didn't pan out that way. I was in a hurry this morning and grabbed a shake out of habit to sip on the way. I was also pushed at lunch, so had the same. I also sipped more vimto. Gordon was in hospital this afternoon, so I dashed to the shop and was naughty. I had an orange juice. I had a cup of tea in the afternoon. Then as he was having his tea in hospital I had half a cup of his cauliflower cheese mashed up. It left me absolutely stuffed! So this diet really does show that my pouch is still teensy weensy! Yipee! I waited half an hour before drinking (good girl), but it wasn't that difficult as I felt so full.
I'm now home and very tired, but know that I need to eat something as I'm a bit run down, especially with knowing that I need all my energy whilst I'm waiting for Gordon when he has his op tomorrow morning. I hadn't intended on having so many shakes today, but they're convenient and, actually, quite addictive. So now I'm making some mashed potato, carrot and mushy peas.
The good news is that although it's TTOM (and I had gained around 2 pounds due to it) I stepped on the scales tonight (I usually do it in the morning) and I have lost 4 pounds!

Sara,

Still early days yet and been on a roller-coaster (mainly my emotions) but feeling positive now and after 8 weeks i've lost 2 and a half stone x x x

Day 5, 12am
Well today has been somewhat of a rollercoaster. I weighed myself this morning and had gone down to 12 stone 7 (5 stoes of weightloss wehey!!). That means I'd lost 5 pounds in 4 days of the puch test, which I'm really pleased about as I'm a slow loser.
Then the day began. It was Gordon's operation today so I was in hospital at 8.15 and left to take the dogs for a walk again at 6.15, then went back to the hospital at 7.35 until 9.30 tonight. I ran out of shakes after lunch and an agonising wait for hi to come out of theatre. When he was back on the ward I managed to get a veg soup to keep me going, but then I was soo pleased that he was recovering, but also really tired after the stress so I started to feel hungry and there was nothing to sip or eat that would fit the bill. The hospital cafe was closed and the only thing nearby was a takeaway. This is why I've decided to abandon the pouch test for this week. Stress and being in a different environment doesn't really help with doing the pouch test. I now intend to go back to it next week when things are a bit more settled.
Although I've had to abandon the test at this early stage, I'm pleased with the results and happy that Gordons alternative is healthy and effective.
I will keep you all posted on my progress in my next attempt.

Hi guys,
I'm back and giving the pouch test another go in the hope that I go through with it for longer this time (Easter holidays permitting). I found it easier today as I knew what to expect.

Day 1 of second attempt at the pouch test:
Breakfast:Carb control shake
Lunch:Carb contyrol shake
Dinner:Half a pack of sieved Knorr spring veg soup
Snack:Carb control shake, water, sugar free Vimto cordial

The last two weeks have kind of gone to pot as I have been travelling quite a bit and had a bad cold that's really made me feel awful. I'm hoping to get back on track when I'm better, hopefully for work next week. I'm trying the universal contour wrap tomorrow at a beauty salon to hopefully test how it can shed pounds fast, especially for fitting into my wedding dress. I am now only 1 and a half inches from fitting into my wedding dress as opposed to 5 and a half inches in January. I've also had a big clear out of clothes to give away as they're too big. It was lovely to fit into my size 12 tankini...great for the honeymoon. xxx

Back