• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 day pouch test!

wombat

Hi everybody!

It looks like, unnoticed and unadmitting to myself I started to have more "slider" foods then I should be, hence managing to eat more and not loosing weight.

So, starting from tomorrow I am doing a 5 day pouch test and hopefully it will get me back on track.

So, on days
1-2 it is just liquids (no sugar)

day 3 - pure soft protein (tuna, eggs), as much as I want, but have to eat in in 15 minutes at a time

day 4 - firm pure protein (scallops, prawns, ground meat) can add mayo to it

day 5 - solid protein (any fish, any meat).

Hopefully it will get me back on track and I'll be back on the road to slenderness ;)

thanks for posting this wombat, ive been thinking about it for a while, i think i might do it too, but cant really start till thursday, cos i need to go out and get all the shopping in, mind you, i have got milk in the fridge, so that woud do me till i get back wont it. i might start tomorrow, in fact, i WILL start tomorrow. let me know what your gonna have tomorrow, i might just copy you, lol hugs xx

Hi Dawny,

As I have almoust nothing in the cupboard myself, I thought for two days I will go by just milk, tea, bovril bulion (or any other) and my one indulgence a day - skinny latte :)

So, todays weight in the morning 92.5 kg. Will not weigh myself until after the test :D

am going to start this next week myself.
good luck with it

Good luck with it Wombat you are doing something positive.

What op did you have as it doesnt say.????

ive just got back from tesco and have got everything i need to start now, so am actually gonna start tomorrow, but i probably wont have that much today anyway, but ill weigh myself in the morning, and all systems go, good luck wombat huni for today, and good luck nightwitch for weekend. big hugs for you both xxx

I am had gastric bypass :D

Thank you for good wishes girls :D

Well, it is 1.30 pm and I am still going strong!
Off to the gym in a minute (away from food temptations :D)

lol, nice one, dont overdo it though, you dont wanna look like popeye do you. i wish i could get out to avoid the food for a couple of days, but im stuck in, i c an only go out when my daughter takes me out, and the fact that ive been out today, means i wont be fit to go out for the next couple of days or so, so ill have to find summat to occupy myself in other ways. but i got loads of stuff here that i can do, so hopefully no worries. good luck tonight huni, big hugs xxx

Dawny - it is much easier to stick to the diet when your are busy. Cos if I am not, all I want to do is eat, eat, eat!

It is 9pm, and apart from liquids (milk, tea, coffee, water, sugarfree squash) I haven't had anything to eat. I am starving though now!! But I am determined :)

The hardest part today was to cook macaroni cheese and sausages for kids and hubby's tea, feed it kids and not to touch anything! Thought I will go nuts just from the smell alone. But resisted :D

omg that must have been hard, at least i only have myself to think about. is milk the only thing u can have apart from tea etc, no soups or anything like that? just so i know for tomorrrow, its just that wen i had my op, soups were classed as liquids, but id rather not have them if its gonna mess this up.

you can have protein shakes - like lighter life ones or similar.
And also clear broth.

The aim of the test just to have protein, and even in tomatoe soup there are mostly carbs.

I know, it is hard, but I have a sneaky suspicion it is already working for me :)

right i got ya hun, thanks for that.

wow so u think its starting to work already, thats great, i bet your really chuffed arnt you. well im ready to go today, so wish me luck. see ya later, and have a good day. hugs xxx

i just weighed myself and im 9st 11lbs at the moment. so will see how much i weight next week. i really need to get back on track, as im not really eating properly now. ive had a coffee this morning, and am drinking nas squash at the moment. will have some milk later on. i hope your doing ok today wombat. hugs xx

Dawny - well done hun! :)

I had tea today and just had a skinny latte.
It is really hard not to eat! And with cold weather I just want to eat, eat, eat!!!

Good luck hun! First 2 days are hardest (obviosly cos you are allowed to just drink and no food at all).

Went to Tescos today and bought eggs, cottage cheese and prawns for tomorrow :D

im having a horlicks at the moment, i imust say though, im not missing food, but thats part of my problem, i dont really eat enough, but at least if what i do eat is the right stuff, its better than eating rubbish. i bought eggs, cottage cheese, tuna fish, yesterday, oh and some low fat philly stuff. and i got some salad stuff for when im allowed it. i hope your doing well today, but something tells me youll be doing just fine. see ya later, hugs xx

Hi there :)

Well, today hunger was overwhelming!!! All I could think was food, so in the end, when I made my kids scrambled eggs for tea I had a few spoonfulls too:( I just couldn't resist.
But apart from that I did stuck to the plan and not eating anythign else today. And I just thought as it is pure protein and quite soft Ill be ok... Not happy about it, but what is done is done.

Tomorrow will be a much easier day, food wise :)
Looking forward my tuna, prawns and eggs :)

Good luck to you Dawny :) xx

well, like you say huni, it is pure protein, and i think youve done so well, considering youve got kids to cook for, well done on doing as well as you have done. ive not been so bad today, am gonna try and drink more milk tomorrow though, good luck for the rest of the night huni, not long now till you can have some goodies. big hugs xxx

OMG!!! It IS WORKING!

I tried to have an egg and some tuna just now and managed about 5 teaspoons before being so stuffed up and had to go and lie down!

My pouch isn't streched! YAY! I suspect is is because I didn't have any slider foods, but still.

So happy :D

wow thats great hun, how did you do your egg, i was thinking maybe a boiled egg in the morning.
do you feel better for having some food now, aw im so chuffed for you, i really am, maybe it will be easier cooking the kids tea tonight for you now, specially if you do summat with tuna or eggs for em. does day 3 have to be mashy food, if you know what i mean, like scrambled egg, boiled egg, im not sure what to do.
well done again big hugs xx

Back