• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 day pouch test

daftmoo

sorry,
can someone point me in the direction of the 5 day pouch test?
Many thanks

Thanks wombat, how did it go?

I thought you wasn't suppose to do it till so far out like 12 months?, but not 100% Perhaps I'm getting confused with something else? x

I thought it was for those at least 6 months out?

I have at times thought about doing it, especially as i cheated (just a little bit) when i had my surgery and was on solids within 5 -6 weeks..

I do wonder if doing it will increase my restriction?

I'm worried that I'm stretching my pouch :wave_cry: I am eating much larger portions and don't feel any restriction, although I often feel bloated afterwards. Yesterday I managed a lunch consisting of a full bowl of soup, some roast pork & peas (albeit not much), followed by a bowl of chopped strawberries. :( I'm nearly 6 months out so maybe I should try a 5 day pouch test ?

The more i read of the 5 day pouch test the more i think this could be of benefit... Today i could have eaten a scabby dog (did i say that already?). I've eaten...:

Home made muesli (with a drizzle of honey) and natural yoghurt for breakfast.
2 easy peel satsumas, a banana, a apple and 2 rich tea biccies... Snack between breakfast n lunch
Pitta bread with ham n cucumber in it (albeit only a sliver of ham n cucumber, think i should have made it fatter) and a muller light...
1/2 a shop brought egg/cress sandwich.... (at 3.30 cos i was hungry and knew tea wouldn't be till half six)
1 sausage and 1 scoop of mash (at chill zone)
Small slice of sponge with jam/custard (very small amount)....

I am definitely going to do the pouch test, am going to do a little more research first to find out what i should eat then possibly start it either next Monday (we in Chippenham for weekend) or on the Saturday so i've the weekend at home to get used to no grub!

Gosh i feel such a pig now, i also have to admit to having treats because i can..... No excuses, old habits grrrr

Julie, I'm intrigued... do you really not dump on honey, biscuits, sponge, or jam...? I dumped the one time I ate a loaf cake. I tried sweetening something with a little honey once but couldn't tolerate it. :cry: And you can eat sandwiches ? I bought a sandwich for lunch today but only ate the filling. I haven't dared eat any shop bread. :eek:

Rose i don't dump on them! There was probably two dessert spoons of custard if that... I drizzle the honey...

But no, nothing makes me dump. Glenville reckons its cos i'm diabetic. However i need to take myself firmly in hand and say NO, just cos i can eat it shouldn't mean i should eat it...

Bread has never bothered me, pitta bread, naan bread, crusty bread, cheesey bread....

I've just been looking at the 5 day pouch test that i googled and reading it i'm seeing a lot in me! I think i am eating things that are easily digested/slide......... I'm definitely going to address 'what' i eat.

Thanks Julie ! :flowers:

Hi girls,

I was doing the pouch test because I was scared that I have streched my pouch (well, and I had a stall).

So result - I haven't streched it! I didn't lose huge amount of weight - 2 lbs, 1 lbs of which I got back
BUT my portion sizes decreased and I have a confidence back that I still have my small stomach.

Thanks gals, i'm gonna deffo give it a go. I think this weeks stall is not helping with my moods so anything to feel better

As there has been much talk of the 5 day pouch test of late, I found the original post/thread posted by phatgirl here

And here is the plan itself

I'm starting it this week as I have stalled big time and cannot seem to get going again, despite my recent hernia repair :(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::(:(:(

Last edited:
Thanks Angela xx

Back